license plate rattle

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I like the trunk lid, actually gives a nice finish. I was planning on using B-Quiet for pretty much the whole interior/trunk/trunk lid. Not sure if/how much rattle will occur, but appreciate the info on the 3M product! :thumbsup:

Sinful

Reaction score
I never really checked but do your accord's speaker grilles rattle? I THINK mine do.. not sure if i have rattling coming from it but i def hear rattling.

dilltheswimr

Reaction score
I never really checked but do your accord's speaker grilles rattle? I THINK mine do.. not sure if i have rattling coming from it but i def hear rattling.

no but my headliner does when ever im driving and i hear a rattle i usually press my hand up on the roof behind me and it stops and when i move my hand it starts again but im sure the speaker grills probably could rattle

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
The funny thing is I went down to my 93 Accord last night to grab something out of it, and I happened to look at the trunk. Anyone notice that some of the old Hondas had little tabs to slide the bottom of the license plates in? If they still did that we wouldn't be having a problem with the rattling, right? Personally I'm tempted to just use some self-tapping screws on the bottom to hold it down.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
My 92 Accord had those little tabby things too. But the license plate still rattled. I just put a wadded piece of paper behind it and that did the trick

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
near the paint section right next to all the duck tape its actually made by duck tape i would just check the home improvement section

and no not all the rattling stopped but it has greatly decreased it also seemed to make it louder in the car i guess cause the sound has no were else to go

hey are you sure it was in that section, cuz i tried looking for that stuff at 2 separate wallmarts, and none of them had them. how it be at the duck tape section.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
come on you guys stopping the license plate rattle is freaking cake. use any sort of weather stripping, or the cushiony stuff that you line drawers with and the problem is gone. heck a piece of an old shirt back there, or a stick off the ground will stop it. or like I4 CG5 said a piece of paper, cardboard works too.

and for rIceNOodles with the 2 L7's good luck, the only way you'll stop those from rattling stuff is to weld your trunk shut or something.

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
^lol sounds like my car's falling apart when i play certain songs. it's horrible and i think my rear speaker grill is tapping the rear window..

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
hate to bring this thread back alive but I tried some of that weather stripping stuff and it works pretty well :thumbup:

Back