Line Out Converter???

Honda4Life

Reaction score
Question for you guys...My buddy got a new amp for his car for xmas (from gf) and is giving me his for FREE! My xmas gift! :D

I want to power my speakers, which I am sure I will blow right away as they are stock but want to know how I should hook up the amp to the stock head unit?

I looked online and it seems like I need a Line Out Converter but the hookup looks like I need to cut the factory harness and that scares me...could I have misunderstood?

Any other person done this before?

Any pics or DIY?

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays to you all!

NGP_UA5

Reaction score
You want to amp the stock speakers? I'd say just keep the amp in storage until you decide to upgrade your speakers.

But if your adding a sub then yeah a line out converter is what you need to work with the stock HU.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I say wait off on installing it. And get a aftermarket headunit, and speakers. Do it right the first time to save hassle

Honda4Life

Reaction score
In regards to getting a new deck. I am going going for the stock look for many reasons one being, I have no money, it looks clean, theft deterrent, and nothing like a neon blue deck to annoy me at night.

I was going to hook it up and if I blow the stocks oh well as I've been watching Craigslist for some speakers. I'm on a super right budget and it's a Xmas gift to myself.

I just can't figure out how to hook up the LOC to the stock head unit so I was seeing if there was a DIY or some sort of explanation someone can give me.

Thanks everyone!

hirichard

Reaction score
Pretty much tap the loc to the speakers> RCA from loc to amp.
That's one way I know of

But mine came with one in my headunit harness because of previous owner

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I kind of understand you on the theft deterrent but there are ways around that. Keep your stock deck, get the 3rd DIN from Honda and people will never think about it.

Amping the stock speakers, with line level converters just doesn't make sense to me (or you as you figure you will blow your speakers). It will, at best, sound the same and is kind of a hack job way of doing it.

Save up for JL Cleansweep or something. Then get good speakers. Hooking up an amp for the sake of hooking up an amp doesn't make much sense.

In terms of how to do it, it's not hard. You don't have to hack the harness if you don't hardwire. Get the proper slip connectors (just go to Radio shack) that fit the speaker terminals. You need 4 per speaker/channel. Attach the connectors to the line level converter ins and hook that up to the speaker harness. Then hook that up to your amp. Hook your wires from the output of the amp to your speakers.

Just for warning, your fronts will bet a pain, you will have to run 4 wires per speaker under the carpet, under the dash, and through the door harness cover thing. Not that you wouldn't have to do that if you are doing it the right way (real system) but you have 2 extra wires per speaker. It's already pretty tight there.

Sorry, I don't want to be negative but it is a lot of work just to have some fun, plus the results won't be great. You may get some extra volume but I don't remember the stock system having issues. I don't really remember because my stock system was gone a few days after I bought my car.

ryandude

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This might help. The connection on the right is for any auxiliary connections. such as a line out. and the one on the right is the standard one which controls all the power connections, speakers, etc.

kn0x47

Reaction score
i have a line out converter up for sale in my for sale thread but i wouldnt recommend hooking up the amp till you have aftermarket speakers

Honda4Life

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This might help. The connection on the right is for any auxiliary connections. such as a line out. and the one on the right is the standard one which controls all the power connections, speakers, etc.

So you're telling me that all of those came with the PAC package?

I just plug it into the stock deck and run the amp cable straight into the PAC?

Harness was included?

Back