Listen to your uca's!!

Lowman

Reaction score
Well if your "slammed" you know that 6ga's upper control arms bang into the shock towers. Especially if you dont have stiff enough spring rates. I had function form type 1's which i believe are 12k up front and 6k out back. Returning to cincinnati from ia i noticed louder pops on turns and checked it out basically as soon as i got home. What i found was my passenger side camber plate being held on by 1 bolt (4 are used on it). i guess the positive thing about it was i had all the stock suspension parts and was going to put them all back on to sell the accord anyway.
PICS:
009-1.jpg

^^also noticed the broken welds.
011.jpg

heres the driverside, as you can see its cracked.
I think the crack happened mainly due to the shape of the ingalls arm.
Just wanted to show everyone who is low or who wants to be because it could have been worse for me.

Millz

Reaction score
damn, thats good to know...
BTW you could made the trip down with us or Chris (RedRyder) (hes from cinci) and we pass right through it going to nashville

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Dang dude good thing nothing bad happened to you prior to stopping and being able to remove them.

I'm thinking about reworking my strut towers eventually so it won't hit or it will take a lot more than a simple bump in the road for them to hit, but that also puts my exhaust and subframe, possibly even my oil pan, at risk...

Lowman

Reaction score
well i went with a group of friends and i had the 4dr so... and i wasnt planning on this happening, guess i should have been checking on it instead of ignoring the banging

Back