Little white spots on the hood and front bumpers!

Nick1130

Reaction score
Hey im new here, and i recently got a 1998 honda accord coupe last month, but apparently it has all these little white spots on the hood and front bumper, theres like hundreds of them :( , i think its rock chips but i dont know, anyone know how can i get rid of this? i dont know lots about car since i just got my liscense and im only 17. i dont want to go to a body shop and pay alot, also i heard this drcolorchip thing, anyone have tried it? hows it? but yeah thanks for the help in advance.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
can u take a picture and show me? i wanna see wut im working with here before i say anything. it could or could not be repairable depending on severity.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Yeah... without pictures it's hard to say, but I'm pretty sure it's rock chips... and if they're anything like the ones my hood and bumper had there was no way to repair them individually, you'd need to respray the whole deal...

JayStuff

Reaction score
yup they're definatly rock chips. I got about 1000000 on my bumper and hood. Theres no fix for em once you have em except to paint. Now the way to prevent them is to stop tailgating. I noticed when I stopped tailgating, I wouldnt get any new ones..

Nick1130

Reaction score
IMG_0129.jpg

heres a photo i took just 2 hours ago.. as you can see i tried to use a touch up paint but since my car is old , paint didnt really match even though its the same paint code.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you have scratch x and a microfiber towel or pad? if this combination does not touch it a tiny bit then its 100% rock chips

Nick1130

Reaction score
no i do not but ill go buy them tomorrow and try them out. so if it doesnt work what should i do?

Back