Looking for new sub setup

swollen_cu

Reaction score
jgilley said:
give the w7 some respect sir. i just put 3 of them in a silverado. and it hurts the gonads.

W7s do get loud, but don't sound that great. The w6 sounds better.

Also, there are tons of other subs that can out perform the w7 for less than half the price.

kashmeister

Reaction score
yea those ebay links were from sonic...
I'm pretty sure its cheaper than the main site

and if you guys think the sonys wouldn't be good, what would you get? What amp/sub setup? something preferably small so I can keep my trunk space...

jgilley

Reaction score
W7s do get loud, but don't sound that great. The w6 sounds better.

Also, there are tons of other subs that can out perform the w7 for less than half the price.

for sure. im actually an HCCA Orion fan.

hilodaze

Reaction score
you want some space in your trunk? id try getting your hands on a stereo integrity 12" bm v4. the box i believe is 0.5 ft^3 sealed and output is great as well as the sq. as for the amp...sundown make a good 2 channel amp that would match well. sax-125. something like that. as for wiring. check out knukonceptz.com they have amp kits that are great and SUPER cheap (also test on the alum-oxide have been done and show little to no difference with pure copper). and yes 1/0 is over kill for you. you need a 4 gauge run. just fyi, you'd benefit from amping your front stage.

good luck with the build.

you can build a great system, for more than 1/2 off of mainstream brands...plus you'd get awesome customer service from the smaller companies.

Bax

Reaction score
give the w7 some respect sir. i just put 3 of them in a silverado. and it hurts the gonads.

that sounds like heaven. haha
i've only got two 12s in my accord with 1100 watts goin to them, but i got a friend that has a tahoe with a 15 and 2 12s. instant headaches. lol

eggyhustles

Reaction score
you want some space in your trunk? id try getting your hands on a stereo integrity 12" bm v4. the box i believe is 0.5 ft^3 sealed and output is great as well as the sq. as for the amp...sundown make a good 2 channel amp that would match well. sax-125. something like that. as for wiring. check out knukonceptz.com they have amp kits that are great and SUPER cheap (also test on the alum-oxide have been done and show little to no difference with pure copper). and yes 1/0 is over kill for you. you need a 4 gauge run. just fyi, you'd benefit from amping your front stage.

good luck with the build.

you can build a great system, for more than 1/2 off of mainstream brands...plus you'd get awesome customer service from the smaller companies.

lulz@great output from the bm

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
im looking for a new setup as well....i had a 15" alphasonik 800 with a O2 3000d and that thing is a beast but i need more trunk space...i was thinking of going with 2 13.5" W7s but i think it would take up more space then the 15"....rite?

jgilley

Reaction score
lol that's retarded. But its your money.

Btw, every amp kit should have a ground bolt like the ones JL makes.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Back