Looking for ways to clean up wiring and other things

talontsiawd

Reaction score
When I got my accord, I took my talon's system out asap and put it in my accord. I wouldn't say it's "rigged" at all, just ugly, even though only seen with the seats down.

I have 2 amps, 2 front speakers, 2 subs. I have 4 rca cables (well 6 but i don't use 2). I decided to go from 2 sets of 8 gauge wire to 4 gauge with a distribution block. That alone should clean up some of the clutter.

My amps are screwed on to the sub box, I know people don't think it's a good idea, it's been 6-7 years so I'm not concerned and don't plan on an amp rack.

What I'm hopping to see is just clean, functional wiring. It doesn't need to be fancy or hidden, it will only be seen by me but I want it to look good. I would love pictures.

Also, how are you guys bolting down your boxes? I was able to "wedge" everything to stay put in my talon, I can't do it in my accord. It shifts so I figure I should deal with that at the same time. I don't really want to drill into the sheet metal, otherwise it would be simple.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Some suggestions that have been made for securing the box in place are:

Velcro
Bolts/Metal Brackets
Bungee Cords

As for the wiring, ever though about getting some wire loom to clean it up a bit?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I got everything done, looks better for sure. I could clean it up a bit but distribution blocks alone cleaned up a good part of the "clutter". That and routing. Some zip ties and I'm good.

My brackets look like *** though. I just bought some L brackets and made no attempt to make them look good. I don't mind for now as I hope to upgrade my sub amp, subs and make a ported box, just not anytime soon.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

lashlee

Reaction score
I'll agree that cleaning is the hardest part. I spend so much time on my installs just cleaning up wiring. Thankfully for me my amps have covers over the wires, but when I compete i have to show the wiring so I had to go slow and think things through!!!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
i also have 2 amps and 2 10" 10W3 in a ported box in the back of my car.

I plan to move the highs amp under my passenger seat and finding a place to put the JL 500/1 so i can push the box all the way back against the seat.... Dont know exactly where I am going to put that, but we will see..

jaz

Reaction score
i used a tie down ratchet thing i picked up at autozone for like $15.. ill get pics of my set up if u want..

somethiing like this..
wescoperformance_2047_3972620

swollen_cu

Reaction score
well i just relocated everything under my seat! all i have in the trunk is my bx now! no sign of wires anywhere! ill take pics soon.

Back