Looking To Buy Retrofit's

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
You can buy mine..200$ plus shipping..includes 2 ballasts and 2 bulbs.
blackhoused lights with clear lenses and clear markers/reflector
TSX clear projectors
replica bmw E46 shrouds painted flat black
2)12" white CCFL tubes installed inside lower parking light spot

projectors alone are almost asking price. Look up my thread for them.

Accord2Show

Reaction score
I have a set of retros from HID Illusions. They where $$$ but I thank they looked good to me.

RedRyder I hope your not talking about mine because I did not see all them problems in them. If you are talking about mine tell me if I should take a closer look at them.

Namboyz

Reaction score
thanks everyone for their support!! it makes me really wanna try it myself but we'll see. im looking into local people that can do this but im definitely going with the morimotos cause of the value.

is there a BIG difference between the morimotos and the tsx ones?

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
thanks everyone for their support!! it makes me really wanna try it myself but we'll see. im looking into local people that can do this but im definitely going with the morimotos cause of the value.

is there a BIG difference between the morimotos and the tsx ones?

Cutoff is a little sharper with the Morimotos. The cutoff flicker is also a little more colorful.
Morimotos are bi-xenon, TSX are not.
TSX beam width is very slightly wider on the TSX, depending on how they are mounted (how far the TSX projector sits in the reflector).
The Morimoto's cutoff line bows down slightly at the sides, but this can be fixed easily by doing the tape mod on the shield.
Beam intensity is the same.
Install is x76154 easier than TSX.

And a little extra edge, if you get the Morimoto H1's, the bulbs will usually be much cheaper to replace than D2S bulbs.

Last edited:

GaAccord

Reaction score

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I painted mine to hide the blemishes..and also the chrome comes off very easy leaving a clear shroud..haha

Back