lost 5qts of oil in 2mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
so today as i was driving i noticed my oil light came on, at first i was like oh man this cant be great. so i pull over into a parking lot and then when i get out of the car to look i see all my motor oil just splashing onto the floor like crazy, like as if it was raining from the engine. checked the dipstick and there wasnt any oil at all, so walked to a nearby store and bought like 3qt of oil just to get home, added them and noticed there werent any leaks. so then i started the car and then checked again and then it started to rain oil again, so i booked it out of the parking lot to get home. on the way home the CEL came on first then the oil light came on. i look on my side view mirror and notice like a trail of oil coming from my car all the way from where i stopped. got home and parked and as i walked out the oil started to rain from the engine again. then went under the car and checked it out, so far it looks like its coming from the side of the engine like where the cam gear is. I opened up the cam cover and the whole belt was like drenched in oil. my dad said it might be a crank gasket? what do you guys think might of happened? i want your guys opinions before i bring it to a shop and how much do you think it might cost to have everything fixed? im just hoping that i didnt bend a rod or w/e and it punctured the block.

oh yeah btw, the oil pan, drain bolt, and filter werent leaking at all. what sucks even more is that i just changed my oil exactly last weekend.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
And sorry to sound harsh, but your an absolute idiot for driving your car like that. That short drive home probably just did more damage to your internals.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
And sorry to sound harsh, but your an absolute idiot for driving your car like that. That short drive home probably just did more damage to your internals.

x2. Sounds like my stupid *** mother after having Jiffy Lube change the oil in her '07 Titan... They forgot the drain plug. So she's driving around town trying to figure out why the truck is driving like ***, dash is lit up like a christmas tree and the oil light is blinking like it's going out of style. An hour later she calls me and asked "So what do you think is wrong"...

Mojeans69

Reaction score
x2. Sounds like my stupid *** mother after having Jiffy Lube change the oil in her '07 Titan... They forgot the drain plug. So she's driving around town trying to figure out why the truck is driving like ***, dash is lit up like a christmas tree and the oil light is blinking like it's going out of style. An hour later she calls me and asked "So what do you think is wrong"...

:rofl::rofl::henry::henry:

Shizzy

Reaction score
damn mine is leaking right now too but i dont have enough mulah to make it rain !

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
That reminds me When I was working at nissan some college chick with an xterra drove her truck to the dealership with oil leaking all the way from where she was to the drive and I had to clean it up. on top of that it wasnt anything even wrong her oil pan screw fell off. She was an idiot for driving it there :darryl:

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Because shizzy has a habit of digging up old threads for no apparent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back