Louis Vuitton to Buy Aston Martin

SmrPants44

Reaction score
French luxury goods maker LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA — better known as just Louis Vuitton — has won an auction to acquire Aston Martin from Ford, according to a German news report.

The news will appear in weekly auto magazine Autobild tomorrow, according to MarketWatch, which obtained an advance copy of the article. The Autobild report cites well-placed but anonymous sources.

Earlier this week, bidding ended for Aston Martin, which has been up for "auction" since August. Ford is selling the successful sports car company in order to raise much-needed capital.

Ford will retain a 15 percent stake in the company, according to the report. No details on the sale price were given, but a report by Britain's Sunday Times in December put valuation as high as $1.2 billion.

Article

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i bet all the new models will have LV leather seats :rofl:

but damn, didn't know Ford was doing tht bad

wg2k7

Reaction score
sick, cant wait to see the lv edition astons! my friends mom has a cl55 lv model

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Wow that could be a good or a really bad thing for Aston Martin...But yeah i don't think that many car manufacturing companies are doing that great..esp since the SUVs are starting to trail away...so now Ford just has like mustangs and F-150s

angelplus

Reaction score
Yeah, ford had lost 40 billion dollars last year, but they say they plan to make a 3rd of it back this year, they're not doing well at all. I see an end to the company here within 10 years.

Back