Lower Control Arm bushing?/tire wear...

metrick1235

Reaction score
So i searched and i couldnt find anything, Can you change out the lower control arm bushing on the front? or do you have to replace the entire control arm... im replacing the upper control arm on the passenger side because the ball joint is going out on it, I just did the lower ball joint the other day when i did brakes..and now its out of alignment.... Like bad.. So while im at it replacing all the parts i thought i would do the bushing if its replaceable (its kinda cracking a bit)

It wore really bad on the inside of the passenger front tire... So while i have the entire car apart again i want to do the lower bushing...

Unless anyone knows why it would wear that bad, something im missing maybe...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
im sure the bushings can be replaced, but youd have to remove the arm and press out the old and press in the new.

personally, id just buy a new lower arm and swap them out.​

metrick1235

Reaction score
SU1HMDAyMDctMjAxMTA5MDYtMTI1MC5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAyMDgtMjAxMTA5MDYtMTI1MS5qcGc.jpg

I know i had some wear because they are unidirectional tires but this is the excessive i was talking about.. Thought some pics might help.. sorry for bad quality because they are from my crackberry... im still going to do the upper control arm and then get an alignment... any opinions of if thats all i possibly need...

metrick1235

Reaction score
98 views... and no ideas? I have done the upper control arm.. but after reinspecting the lower control arm bushing it is fine...

kn0x47

Reaction score
if the bushings are fine then it seems like you just really need an alignment to get that toe fixed

car been in a wreck? something bent?

metrick1235

Reaction score
never been wrecked or anything i can see bent... well ill be getting a alignment next week so hopefully that will fix it...

Back