Lowered in winter/snow

Thormx331

Reaction score
I decided to wait till after the winter to install and very glad I did. I just installed them last week and went well until I broke the head off of the bolt that holds the coilover onto the front fork. Had to drill that out and took forever.

My question is before installed them I measured all of them to make sure they were all the same height. But the gap in my wheel wells are off by 1/2 in the front. I also just got an alignment before I lowered the car and still plan on getting another one now that its lowered but didn't know if anyone here had adjusted them differently on each side to get the same height from the fender to the ground

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I've heard of that happening. Make sure when you're measuring everything that all 4 wheels are on flat ground, the tire pressure is the same, no wheels are sitting in dips or on humps, etc. And obviously make sure all suspension is assembled correctly. Even with all that in check, some people still have small variance in where their suspension is adjusted but the height is the same.

You had to drill out the pinch bolt?

Thormx331

Reaction score
Yes it was a huge headache. I had 3 out and 3 in under 2 hrs and was doing the last one and snapped the head right off. 160,000 miles and new york's winters with all the snow and salt all the bolts are rusted. After hours of drilling out the bolt I still couldn't get the shock out and realized it was because I installed the other coliover and it was pulling the sway bur up on both sides. :furious:

what steps should I take first. Get an alignment and see if that helps and then fix the height issue or fix the height issue and then get a new alignment.

Back