LSD Fitment

iHazSnail

Reaction score
was it made to fit? or an easy put in sorta thing?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Yes. The H22 quaife LSD DOES fit in the F23 trans. My friend who owns a performance shop in Charleston SC just built a boosted H22 for a customer and used the F23 tranny with an H22 quaife LSD. I actually called him and asked him word for word about this, and he confirmed every bit.

THANK YOU!!! AFAccord!!!!! i was just going to chime into this thread with this very comment, i spoke to the installer directly and he said the same very thing to me, infact I am ordering one this week or next from the very same guy as soon as i figure out which new clutch i want to buy...

It is true, that they do fit into the transmission and work, i've seen the project also and he has an f23a1 transmission and the H22 quaife and it fits.

BTW, this is something unless you have amazing experience with transmissions i would highly suggest someone who's done it before to install it!

ccordex00

Reaction score
So if I get an lsd for my future h22 i can use it with the f23....how much would be for the install??? any ideas?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
So if I get an lsd for my future h22 i can use it with the f23....how much would be for the install??? any ideas?

depending on hourly rates, prolly a lot since your trans has to come out for the LSD to go in.

AFAccord

Reaction score
was it made to fit? or an easy put in sorta thing?

From what I was told, it dropped right in. The bearings and everything are even the same part number between the two transmissions.

THANK YOU!!! AFAccord!!!!! i was just going to chime into this thread with this very comment, i spoke to the installer directly and he said the same very thing to me, infact I am ordering one this week or next from the very same guy as soon as i figure out which new clutch i want to buy...

It is true, that they do fit into the transmission and work, i've seen the project also and he has an f23a1 transmission and the H22 quaife and it fits.

BTW, this is something unless you have amazing experience with transmissions i would highly suggest someone who's done it before to install it!

I reassembled my H23 trans just last night. :)

My friend's shop (who did the build for the guy hotaccord was talking about) charges $300 for labor, plus the cost of bearings.

NASOHC

Reaction score
i posted a link to the part numbers on the Engine build theory Sticky thread.

I'm so glad you were able to confirm that set-up. I told AFAccord about that H-series turbo F23/H22 Quafe LSD combo on Honda-Tech. I noticed the guy was from AFAccord's home state and asked him to find out if this was true. Thanks for looking into it.

BTW: Keep in mind that the Quaife LSD will have a lower final drive ratio than the OE F23 - Shifting through gears will be quicker but IMO you get the benefit of both worlds by having a bit longer gears on the F23 & and an LSD.

Jeremiah

Reaction score
I thought aftermarket Differentials came without the final drive attached, I thought you took the final drive gear off the stock diff, and installed it into the aftermarket diff.

Back