Lucas Trans-Fix

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
Hey it's been a while since I've been on here, but I just wanted to give a helpful hint. I didn't want to post it before, because I was skeptical about if it was going to work or not & I didn't want to feel like an idiot if the transmission went.

Anyhow, about 3 months ago, my tranny (98 Accord) started to slip. So, I called around and got a bunch of estimates, so that I would be ready for it's Final Day...Well, to make a short story even longer, I went to PepBoys and bought a bottle of that Trans-X (or something like that), went home, drained a quart out of fluid from my tranny & then topped it back off with the newly acquired "Quick Fix In A Can"....well, that was over 5,000 miles ago (yes, I have driven over 5,000 miles in just 3 months) and it never slipped again...up until yesterday...so I added some of that Lucas Trans-Fix & drove it another 150 miles today and it's fine!

I still have everything lined up with the local transmission shop, just in case it ever goes...but, crap, those little cans of quick fix have really been saving my @$$ from having to get my car repaired. So, I just wanted to share this with anyone that is looking to buy some time before their next trans overhaul.

And, by the way, I do drive my Accord very hard & I mash the gas at almost every take-off (but that's mainly because it's such a slow piece of $h!t & get's it @$$ kicked off the line by every single mini-van...but either way)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I recommend anything to do with lucas. I also used the trans fluid from them when I was still automatic.

LudeNsoL

Reaction score
where did u put the trans fix ?/ i went to put some in yesterday aand it takes forever to put it in through the dip stick. and the bolt for the a/t fluid is crazy tight

cajun

Reaction score
OP,

How much were your estimates for a rebuilt trans?

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
My estimates for an auto trans:

From dealerships: around $3,300+ installed...(I think that I would just buy a new freakin' car if I went this route).

From a local, reputable "transmission-only" shop: $900-1,100 rebuilt (as always, assuming no hard parts are broken)

From an online used/mystery JDM place: $700 (about $900 shipped to my door)...but I would have to replace it myself.

changaroo

Reaction score
lucas is just a temporary fix. think of it as a band aid for your transmission.

it will hold you over until you can save up to get a rebuild.

if your trannys slipping, it means its gone bad already. what lucas is doing is just making your fluid thicker, not fixing anything.

Back