FS: M2S4 H23 Transmission - Custom geared with Carbon Synchros

AFAccord

Reaction score
This is from a Prelude SI, but I have swapped out the fifth gear for CG3 Accord fifth. I tore it down a less than two years ago and installed Gearspeed Carbon Coated syncros. Still uses the 4.266 final drive from the Prelude. Here are the gear ratios:

1st: 3.307
2nd: 1.857
3rd: 1.320
4th: 1.034
5th: 0.685

This tranny shifts smoothly with a nice solid engagement into each gear. The only known nuisance is a slight grind when shifting into fifth gear from high RPMs in a lower gear. (ie. trying to go from 6k rpm in second or third, straight to 5th) Going from 4th to 5th, or any other gear straight to 5th at less than 4k rpm does not grind at all. I've attributed this to the significant change in speed the syncro has to perform when engaging the taller ratio of the new 5th gear. It has always done this, and hasn't worsened over time, so it doesn't appear to be symptom of wear. No issues popping out of gear or grinding in any other gears during normal or spirited shifting.

I'm selling this to go back to a P2A8 transmission for the taller gears. Asking $350+ shipping. Open to trades. Will post photos soon.

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
Re: AFAccord's Semi-Partout (continually updated)

No LSD here. NASOHC has an H23 with LSD if that's what you're looking for.

6thGenJed

Reaction score
AFAccord's Semi-Partout (continually updated)

^ yeah I can't believe he's going stock :/ lol. His car won't match his liscence plate anymore. Lol

Back