Making a V-TEC indicator light

dynasty

Reaction score
angelplus said:
I hate looking under there. I've been under there cutting wires like its my job. I'm tired of my ecu.

Though, making this light work isn't really hard, if you know what you're doing then you should be good. If you're not comfortable working around your ecu, then I recommend not doing it.

oh. i've been searching alot of websites about this. thought it was the one but it wasn't. plus, it shouldn't be that hard since i know it's the fuse on the passenger side plus it's green with yellow stripes. i'll see if i could do it. :D

maybe a diagram would help. been searching but no luck.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I don't believe your VTEC wire is running through any fusing. It should be a straight shot through the engine main harness to the solonoid.

dynasty

Reaction score
EDIT_the whole time! i cut the wrong 2 wires on the FUSE BOX. didn't know it was on the BOTTOM behind that cover piece. *snaps* there was only ONE green wire with yellow strips so i know for sure that should be it. i grounded it to the bolt that holds the ECU. i'll see if it works tonight since i can't see crap during daytime.

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
So the green/yellow can be grabbed at the fuse box ay?? Hmmm, can you post a picture?? Or, at least, a detailed description of where it's at?? I'd be much easier for me to catch it there then at the ECU for me based on where I'm trying to get wire to.

dynasty

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
So the green/yellow can be grabbed at the fuse box ay?? Hmmm, can you post a picture?? Or, at least, a detailed description of where it's at?? I'd be much easier for me to catch it there then at the ECU for me based on where I'm trying to get wire to.

oh no no! at first, i cut this wire from the FUSE BOX which is on the left side of the dash? or near the A/C. not the foot area. but NOW, i figured i was in the wrong place. later open the cover piece from the bottom foot area and did it on that place. if you want, i'll take a picture of my 'before' and 'after'. LOL. how embarrassing. :eek:

dynasty

Reaction score
okay, i drove the accord today and the vtec light still doesn't work. not sure why. it blinks when i hit about 40-50 mph. but very dim light though. it's located UNDER the fuse box right? there was only 2 plugs. from those 2 plugs, there was only ONE wire that is green with yellow stripe. am i missing something here? i'm not a person who gives up on things but if it comes to this, this is sad!

dynasty

Reaction score
okay, here's the pictures i took. the first try was in the fuse box. which it doesn't work.
my.php

and now, here's a picture from the lower cover right next to the right feet of the passenger. it doesn't work either. it does the same thing like the time i wired it to the fusebox. am i missing something here?
my.php

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Ok, your VTEC wire in on your ECU. Which is in the center of the dash, pull the carpet back in teh footwell and you'll see it.

dynasty

Reaction score
center of the dash meaning behind the head unit or below it?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Below it at the very back. It's about 7 inches behind the radio, and a little more than a foot down. If your in your passenger footwell, pull the carpet up in the back left corner. You'll see a box with 3 plugs(manual tranny) or 5 plugs(Auto). Then look at my pictures to find the wire, it's in the second(middle) plug, green with a yellow stripe.

Back