Manual transmission fluid change?

lithiumus

Reaction score
20k miles, you can look into using GM syncromesh.
good stuff.

I've heard a lot of positive feedback on the GM synchromesh, but in 2007 Honda updated their MTF with a new formula that performs as good if not better than the GM synchromesh. It's got a White cap.

The feedback from several master Acura techs with regards to the new Honda MTF is excellent and is widely recommended in the NSX community as well as other Honda communities. I'd stick with the updated Honda MTF. Just make sure the dealer is not trying to sell you cheap old stock.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of positive feedback on the GM synchromesh, but in 2007 Honda updated their MTF with a new formula that performs as good if not better than the GM synchromesh. It's got a White cap.

The feedback from several master Acura techs with regards to the new Honda MTF is excellent and is widely recommended in the NSX community as well as other Honda communities. I'd stick with the updated Honda MTF. Just make sure the dealer is not trying to sell you cheap old stock.

Really! I created a thread aboiut this and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

9450erick

Reaction score
Just went under my car nd found my mtf was leaking cause my mechanic didn't tighten the drain plug. I don't know how much is leaked out nd it's a little hard wen I shift into 1st gear.
Would I have to drain all the oil to c how much is left or is there like a dipstick like the auto
if a lot leaked I might look into that new Honda mtf

PCP6

Reaction score
Just went under my car nd found my mtf was leaking cause my mechanic didn't tighten the drain plug. I don't know how much is leaked out nd it's a little hard wen I shift into 1st gear.
Would I have to drain all the oil to c how much is left or is there like a dipstick like the auto

id say just have him refill it. you should be fine.

finch13

Reaction score
There's a 17mm filler plug about 3 inches above the drainplug. The fluid should be level with the bottom of the hole.

lithiumus

Reaction score
Really! I created a thread aboiut this and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

People must have forgotten... Over at Toronto Accords this was talked about back in 2006 / 2007 and there was even a group buy cause it wasn't initially available in Canada but some of the most senior Acura / Honda techs swear by it.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score

QFT. Same stuff I used last time I did mine, still rockin':lolrun:

acedomain

Reaction score

no dipstick ....do as finch says and you will be good ...also learn how to do it yourself so that way you save money its not to hard ...you can youtube how to change mtf and just look at a few videos ..........i would do mine myself but i haz no garage or tools ....use to do it in my buddys drive way but he haz moved ....:boo:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
no dipstick ....do as finch says and you will be good ...also learn how to do it yourself so that way you save money its not to hard ...you can youtube how to change mtf and just look at a few videos ..........i would do mine myself but i haz no garage or tools ....use to do it in my buddys drive way but he haz moved ....:boo:

Changing transmission fluid is childs play, try removing a cylinder head off a 2JZGE, its a *****...the engine is backed all the way up to the firewall.

5spd'r

Reaction score
I saw a youtube interview with the owner of Spoon Sports, he recommended changing the mtf at the same time as the engine oil. Think about it, there's no filter to catch any shavings or debris from your missed shifts or loaning the car to your little sister, etc. What's worked well for me is Chevron Delo 400, 40wt (summer only) 15w40 with a few onces of atf for the winter. My car used to be hard to get into 1st, that was with the crappy honda stuff (the older stuff)

Back