Massive Fail!

d1blet

Reaction score
Ugh. My Accord is stuck in my buddy's garage propped up on jackstands right now...

Anyways, we ran into some issues when we were putting back the front and rear suspension back together. Essentially, the entire passenger side of the car is completely ****ed up.

For the front passener side, we overtorqued the bolt that connects the fork to...everything else. We stripped the bolt and need to find a replacement. I'm also going to replace the fork itself since part of the bolt is still in there and we can't get it out.

This is what I need for the front:
problem2ua1.gif

For the rear passenger side, we also overtorqued the bolt that connects the shock/strut with the rest of the suspension components. I found the replacement for the knuckle arm that had a piece of the bolt stuck in it, but yet again, I still need to find a place where I can get the bolt itself.

This is what I need for the rear:
problemsv1.gif

I'm getting the fork and the knuckle arm assembly from parts.com. But I still have no clue where I can get those bolts...

Halp plz?

indowanksta88

Reaction score
try going to a junkyard, i had teh same exact problem for teh front passanger fork and me and my friend overtorqued it so we just went to a junkyard and replaced it for 20 bucks.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Wait why do u need a fork... The fork is held up by a bolt on 2 sides... there is no screwing "ON" the fork... get a screwdriver or a tap and take it and bang in out... If its the top bolt.. get a 9mm bolt and put thru on bothside with a washer on the other side...

If im thinkin about it correctly, there is No need 2 get a new fork... just the bolt it self which is really cheap at the auto store

HomerJay

Reaction score
The bolt is most likely stocked by your Honda dealer. It's probably only a few bucks, if that. I think each bolt for the front fork was ~$2 from my dealer.

d1blet

Reaction score
Eh, the bolt snapped in half. It's stuck within the fork.

I ordered everything from Majestic Honda since the local Honda dealers said they didn't have the exact parts I need.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Eh, the bolt snapped in half. It's stuck within the fork.

I ordered everything from Majestic Honda since the local Honda dealers said they didn't have the exact parts I need.

if the thread end is snapped, then all u need 2 do is take that bolt off and bang out out with something long and skinny... if the other end is snapped, then u gotta have it drilled out, but either way, u dont have 2 replace a fork.. good luck finding one but i dont think u need 2, just find something long and hammer it out... easy

d1blet

Reaction score
if the thread end is snapped, then all u need 2 do is take that bolt off and bang out out with something long and skinny... if the other end is snapped, then u gotta have it drilled out, but either way, u dont have 2 replace a fork.. good luck finding one but i dont think u need 2, just find something long and hammer it out... easy

we tried using a flatheat and a hammer. didnt quite work out. we then tried to add some heat via propane. that didnt work either. in the end, i was just pissed, and a bit concerned cuz i would be riding on old suspension components anyway.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For future reference....

Use 6 sided sockets, not 12. If a bolt starts to round, stop. Use some grease and antisieze on all the bolts, bushing, shock body, etc. It really makes thinks easier to remove and install in the future should you need to. I just lowered mine more yesterday and had previously done all that and I was done within 20min after taking the wheels off. Air tools help also.

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
...Use some grease and antisieze on all the bolts, bushing, shock body, etc. It really makes thinks easier to remove and install in the future should you need to...

I used to think that people that used antisieze on everything were just being anal (no you sick b@st@rds, not that "anal" :roy:) But after using it, I have seen the light; it really cuts down on removal and installation times...but I hate how it finds it way onto everything (shirts, hair, furniture, tree tops on property next door, WTF have you, etc.).

Back