Mechanical Problem...

DiamondAcc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

If someone can help me to understand what is the problem of my accord, it will be appreciated...

Here we go...

The problem is when I start my car...

I Start it but it shut off 1 sec after...then I can't restart it.

I need to wait until the fuel is coming in the front when I turn the key on..

I heard it can be the MASTER RELAY but im not really sure...

Maybe its the fuel injectors but..

Anyways if you have the same problem or somethings can you please help me!

Thanks you all

jaz

Reaction score
hm sounds likes we had a similiar problem... IACV? try this DIY out for kicks... clicky

hope that helps.

finch13

Reaction score
Check for spark and fuel first, then hunt it down from there.

Master relay usually fails when it gets hot because the solder joints expand with heat and stop making a good contact. You can reflow the joints if you can get the relay out and have a soldering iron.

hirichard

Reaction score
this happened to me once or twice, but i'm not sure what's wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cpyro

Reaction score
I had a problem with my master relay, car wouldnt start, like it didnt want to turn over, few minutes later it would start with no problem, but i ran the chance of the car shutting off while idling in traffic. not fun, i replaced it and problem gone

Fuzz

Reaction score
It's the main relay. If you are any good at electrical you can try and jump some wires to bypass the relay and have the fuel pump start manually.

When you turn the key, the check engine should come on... you should hear a buzz / whine sound for 2 seconds, and the check engine will go off.

If you do not hear this sound, or the check engine does not come on that is your problem... almost 100%. I've had it happen on 3 Hondas.

Before you try the dealer give Chassel a call. They are in St Hubert on Ramsey. 450 676-8021

DiamondAcc

Reaction score
Ok thanks all for your help I will remplace the master relay... This forum is so nice really thx for your help all

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Try to let us know if this fixes your problem. (Only so when someone else searches for a similar problem, they know the solution)

Back