meh car gots a big boo-boo

Levi

Reaction score
l_7037be9cff0392fef07aa3aaf5598163.jpg

l_08655219ae66b62f2c49a5ab621fbc01.jpg

long story short, ambulance with their flashy little lights but no siren was haulin *** and i signaled to turn into the left lane, looked in the mirror and was clear, next thing i know, i felt a violent shove on my left side and i see the ****ers zoom past me and didnt even bother to stop.

it was my fault cuz i didnt check my blind spot for once. but i seriously didnt see them, especially with thier red ambulance with lights cuz the sun was setting in their direction and it blended in with the sun.

but yeah, need a new headlight (hids, brights bulb survived), fender, door, wheel, and tire. this ****en sucks, i was so pissed.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Were you actually issued a violation? I'd consult a lawyer. Ambulances and any emergency service vehicles are supposed to slow down and signal before coming to and passing through any intersection.

Levi

Reaction score
Were you actually issued a violation? I'd consult a lawyer. Ambulances and any emergency service vehicles are supposed to slow down and signal before coming to and passing through any intersection.

yeah man i got a citation for failure to do a proper lane change, but it was just us two going the same direction on the freeway, i doubt i can do anything.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can always do something. You signaled you were changing lanes, ambulance should've signaled with lights and siren that they were coming, not just one or the other. Also, if they hit you and didn't stop, thats leaving the scene of an accident, whether they sustained damage or not. If they were on their way to a call they should've radioed that they had an accident and could not make it, or if transporting, should've called for additional transport.

I'm telling you, get a lawyer.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
a friend of mine is a lawyer. I asked him and he said exactly what currant did.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ouucchh.... tht hurts....

def get a lawyer.. it never hurts to ask... also, why is the ambulance not using his siren? :thinking:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Exactly what Blk said in his posts, ambulances are still supposed to obey the Highway Traffic Act like everyone else. Regardless of whether they are transporting someone or on their way to a call, they are supposed to still ensure that other driver's are not in danger.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
that kinda sucks that the ambulance kept going... no care in the world if u were hurt... i would contact the police and have what ever hospital damaged ur car to pay for the damages...

Back