Mikey's 2001 Sedan EX

Mikey

Reaction score
I love Brakeleen, I use it to get dried food outta my kids' hair. Just kidding...
:lawl:
..or am I?
:uhoh2:
Good luck with the job!

PS way back when I decided to rely on my low fuel light ONCE and it left me stranded on the side of the highway. Longest walk ever to/from the next exit to buy & fill a jerry can at the station...never again. Especially since the side of the highway is not as "safe" as it used to be thanks to dumb drivers. Way too many instances of law enforcement or people otherwise pulled over getting wiped out by some idiot not paying attention.

PPS yea find matching headrests. :lawl:
THERE ARE NO MATCHING HEADRESTS!!

At least I don’t think there are….

And I just said f*ck it. I fought with bolts, and clips, and plugs, and the damn drain plug for so long that I’m just gonna take it to a shop. I’m too old and out of shape to mess with THAT particular job. I have all the stuff so im basically just paying for the lift and labor. Whatever. I don’t care. :lawl:

Mileage: 163,491…

Removed center console to clean it and around it and went ahead and replaced the shift selector bulb. Didn’t think O’reilly’s would have it but they did. I forgot how much of a PITA that is for such an insignificant little thing. Again…whatever. Lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I hear ya. I don't enjoy the maintenance end of working on cars like I used to, & won't do much more than an oil or trans fluid change these days. Cuz I'm an old curmudgeon. :lawl: I'm about to do rear brakes on the Odyssey, and I did an upsteam o2 sensor last week. But when it needed a wheel hub bearing and suspension work, off to the shop it went.

3 of the HVAC buttons in the Ody have had an burned out bulb since we got it haha. I don't remember how you find out what kind of bulbs those tiny things are and haven't felt like figuring out how to take it apart.

Mikey

Reaction score
I hear ya. I don't enjoy the maintenance end of working on cars like I used to, & won't do much more than an oil or trans fluid change these days. Cuz I'm an old curmudgeon. :lawl: I'm about to do rear brakes on the Odyssey, and I did an upsteam o2 sensor last week. But when it needed a wheel hub bearing and suspension work, off to the shop it went.

3 of the HVAC buttons in the Ody have had an burned out bulb since we got it haha. I don't remember how you find out what kind of bulbs those tiny things are and haven't felt like figuring out how to take it apart.
If it were a dedicated project car and not the car I drive to work, I’d take my time and not give a ****. But it’s not. So I won’t. lol.
I always use superbrightleds for what kind of bulb. I guess it depends on the stack but that could be fun. At least it’s the ody so you can sit in comfort and style AND take your dash apart. :lawl:
And how many cars you got man?? Did you get rid of the caddy or the venza?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Venza got crashed years back, unfortunately. That was a great car. Toyota went upscale a bit with those which was cool, loved how the leather seats had colored piping along the edges. I had done a couple small things to it, mostly lighting mods. Whenever I see one now I still turn my head, don't really care for the newest one.

ATS is at 63k miles now, bought it with 26k. Apart from one issue that I got fixed under warranty, it hasn't missed a step. It does have a small slow coolant leak (radiator), but I just keep a jug in the trunk and top it off every week or two. I've had a Borla axleback sitting around for probably 4 years now that I keep meaning to get put on haha.

So we have 3 vehicles - ATS, Ody, and Accord (the latter of which is on bedrest while it gets a new valve cover gasket on the rear bank - hopefully when it gets warmer). Also has a massive power steering leak :ugh:

I really wanted a wagon for a while (posts in my ride thread if you care), but I've had to let that go. Probably better I don't have 4 cars to keep up :lawl:

Mikey

Reaction score
Venza got crashed years back, unfortunately. That was a great car. Toyota went upscale a bit with those which was cool, loved how the leather seats had colored piping along the edges. I had done a couple small things to it, mostly lighting mods. Whenever I see one now I still turn my head, don't really care for the newest one.
Well… now I know lol. Buddy of mine has a 1G or 2G and I never really noticed how similar they are to the Camry of that era (2012-2017).
I've had a Borla axleback sitting around for probably 4 years now that I keep meaning to get put on haha.
Need to get on that! Shouldn’t be too terrible a job. At least I wouldn’t think it would be. Worst case a shop does that and won’t charge you an arm and a leg.
So we have 3 vehicles - ATS, Ody, and Accord (the latter of which is on bedrest while it gets a new valve cover gasket on the rear bank - hopefully when it gets warmer). Also has a massive power steering leak :ugh:

I really wanted a wagon for a while (posts in my ride thread if you care), but I've had to let that go. Probably better I don't have 4 cars to keep up :lawl:
New plugs and new (used) coils are on my list but I’m toying with the idea of doing the spark plug tube seals but if I do those the VC’s are coming off and I might as well do gaskets but IDK if I wanna tackle all that; physically or financially lol.
No PS leak (I don’t think) but the pump whines. My coupe never had that problem.
I miss that thing something fierce. Aside from the cracked windshield and the lack of pinch welds, it was solid. Every time I see a 6G coupe in decent or better shape I miss it.

Back