Minor problems yet cant seem to solve them ..

XceZs

Reaction score
Lately i've been just driving to school/work and everytime i turn on the AC it starts to smell like gas. I checked for gas leaks and i cant seem to find any. Sometimes the gas fumes would smell outside of the car.. I need a new flex pipe since ive hit severe pot holes, maybe that's the smell?.. Also when i press down the clutch it makes a loud squeaking sound like an old computer chair when you recline on it, how do i get rid of that?? thanks

Drift

Reaction score
Fix the flex pipe, it's pre-cat so thats where your fuel smell is most likely coming from. Also check the EVAP return line on the fire all. Make sure there arent any cranks in the rubber line.

As for the clutch pedal, lube the pivot first, if that doesnt solve it, you need to replace the bushings. 46504-ST5-300 you need 2 of them. They're like $2.50 each.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
Fix the flex pipe, it's pre-cat so thats where your fuel smell is most likely coming from. Also check the EVAP return line on the fire all. Make sure there arent any cranks in the rubber line.

As for the clutch pedal, lube the pivot first, if that doesnt solve it, you need to replace the bushings. 46504-ST5-300 you need 2 of them. They're like $2.50 each.

:omgbd:
this guy is amazing

XceZs

Reaction score
Perfect thanks, where would you recommend me getting a new flex pipe? how much would it be

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
Perfect thanks, where would you recommend me getting a new flex pipe? how much would it be

Depends. Do you have an aftermarket header? If so, is it ceramic coated? If its coated, then the whole pipe needs to be replaced. You cant weld to a ceramic coating.

If its stock, just replace the whole down pipe. If not, you can buy flex pipes from http://www.verociousmotorsports.com
Be sure that you get the interlock liner, (the braided liner sucks). Then you can get any fab shop to weld it up for you. Should be about $100 of labor.

spikeysayyed

Reaction score
I have a small question also, i have a 99 V6 with 135k if it matters lol, i recently installed an after market radio, and now my dash lights wont come on, when the head lights are off the back lights are on, but when the headlights are on, the entire cluster isnt lit up or the air conditioning part or the shift lights. ANY HELP?????? OH when i first tuned on the headlights after the radio install, i heard a pop from what sounded like the driver side fuse box, checked all fuses and nothing.

XceZs

Reaction score
Depends. Do you have an aftermarket header? If so, is it ceramic coated? If its coated, then the whole pipe needs to be replaced. You cant weld to a ceramic coating.

If its stock, just replace the whole down pipe. If not, you can buy flex pipes from http://www.verociousmotorsports.com
Be sure that you get the interlock liner, (the braided liner sucks). Then you can get any fab shop to weld it up for you. Should be about $100 of labor.

Thanks, you were great help. Still thinking about just replacing the whole down pipe but just not sure if i have that much money on hand. I'll just take it to a local shop and see how much they would scam me for lol.

XceZs

Reaction score
I have another question, due to excessive camber my tires are worn out in the inside. If i change the tires to the other side basically flipping them where the worn out side will be on the outside, it'll save me some time to buy tires? am i right or am i wrong?

Back