Misfire after hydrolock

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I highly doubt your map sensor has a problem w/o an mil. If the vac line/port fills with water, that water is still under the same pressure as the air behind it.

If you hear a noise run your hand over the plug wires. Hurt?

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
i got a little water in the motor after a sudden storm and ran it on the highway to get it hot and then ran some Stal-bil Iso-Heet through

HotboxF23

Reaction score
i got a little water in the motor after a sudden storm and ran it on the highway to get it hot and then ran some Stal-bil Iso-Heet through

Never thought of that and i work at AutoZone haha, but i recall him saying he ran through a huge puddle not hit by a storm soooo, wouldn't the iso be useless being as though he already released what water was already in the system when he cranked it without the plugs in..so the excess would theoretically evaporate in such high heat in the engine anyway

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
It was a real heavy rain storm and started to flash flood. Put a bottle of Isoheet in the gas tank last week when it happened.

Bought an offset screwdriver kit today and the map sensor came right off. It was cracked by the screw holes and the top started to separate from the bottom. Replaced it with the map sensor from my v6, threw in a new spark plug to replace the broken one in cyl 3 and she fired right up first try.
No misfire symptoms or CEL whatsoever it idled and drove at any speed any rpm like it did before this incident, if not better.

Scangauge showed a new p0131 code for the upstream o2 sensor though, probably from leftover moisture passing through the system. As well as a p0500 for the vss which I knew was bad but never showed a code.

HotboxF23

Reaction score
It was a real heavy rain storm and started to flash flood. Put a bottle of Isoheet in the gas tank last week when it happened.

Bought an offset screwdriver kit today and the map sensor came right off. It was cracked by the screw holes and the top started to separate from the bottom. Replaced it with the map sensor from my v6, threw in a new spark plug to replace the broken one in cyl 3 and she fired right up first try.
No misfire symptoms or CEL whatsoever it idled and drove at any speed any rpm like it did before this incident, if not better.

Scangauge showed a new p0131 code for the upstream o2 sensor though, probably from leftover moisture passing through the system. As well as a p0500 for the vss which I knew was bad but never showed a code.

true that..good man i'm glad it all worked out and hope it stays that way..keep away from those puddles lol :favorites13:

Back