MoneyPit's ★J36★6MT★TURBO★ 2000 Accord Coupe EX AV6 (56k)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Don't let the stance fool you, this truck is a street sweeper :) Many people get mad to hear that, but it's true - if I were building something for legit bashing/wheeling, it wouldn't be a late model, expensive Silverado.

I'm going into orthopedic surgery, i.e. fabricators/mechanics of the body :)

Oregon doesn't have formal "inspection," but they definitely take the tires seriously. I have had 7 fix-it tickets for the wheel/tire combo in the last year. Luckily, I have a set of stock 18's that I just bolt up, run it down to the PD to have the ticket signed off, and it doesn't cost me a penny. It's an annoyance though.

I've been back-and-forth in selling this car, even had a few commitments, but I backed out. I've got waaaaaaay too much of my personal time/fab into the car to sell it for "market value." I'll probably keep it forever and it'll keep getting crazier haha. I love it!

How'd the interview go? You're an RN, right? Good luck!

Jake, sounds like a worthwhile hassle with the tires! I'd do it if I had that hoss and enjoy every bit of it.

Yeah, I've been working as a pediatric nurse at a practice for almost 2 years, pretty much reached a ceiling on everything I do.. I wear so many hats and there are no more hats to wear where I am, so I am looking for something more. Applied for a position for IS trainer, this is a person who trains doctors and clinical staff how to use the electronic medical record, called EPIC.. It's one of the biggest and complex medical programs out there, used not only in medicine but also some government agencies. That's where I see my future. I had the interview on Thursday, it could not have gone better. I was told before that it would be 2 weeks until I hear from them, upon closing of the interview they said it could take, well maybe, up to a week haha! So I am VERY excited. :rock:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
FOR SALE.

$5k, no less, no more. This is not a joke, PM for details.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Say whaaaat. Thought you still had plans for this thing man, what's next?

Would love that turbo setup!

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Yeah I was Chris, but it's a long story. Basically, for the $5k, you get every single rare/expensive/one-off part on this car, but the J35 is blown.

If you want a badass one of a kind turbo j35 6mt done RIGHT, buy a motor for $350 and drop it in and go. For $5350 you have a one-off, badass, fast, extremely clean street car and legendary 6th gen Accord.

If you want to make some money, buy this for $5k and part it out. One-off wheels, standalone ECU, one-off turbo kit with 3" DP/exhaust, 6MT with LSD and Spec clutch, BBK, Comptech swaybar, one-off UCA's, immaculate black leather, shaved trunk, rollbar, OEM kit, etc etc etc, then be prepared to make in excess of $10k. Not to mention that the shell of this car is in better condition than cars 8 years newer.

I'm devastated, but I graduate medical school in May and I don't even have an extra second in life to handle this. I'm in a dire financial situation, and my wife and I agree that the Moneypit needs to go. :(

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Damn, Jake. Sad to see such a fine specimen up for sale. Seriously, one of the best builds that ever existed on this website. Priorities are priorities though!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah I was Chris, but it's a long story. Basically, for the $5k, you get every single rare/expensive/one-off part on this car, but the J35 is blown.

If you want a badass one of a kind turbo j35 6mt done RIGHT, buy a motor for $350 and drop it in and go. For $5350 you have a one-off, badass, fast, extremely clean street car and legendary 6th gen Accord.

If you want to make some money, buy this for $5k and part it out. One-off wheels, standalone ECU, one-off turbo kit with 3" DP/exhaust, 6MT with LSD and Spec clutch, BBK, Comptech swaybar, one-off UCA's, immaculate black leather, shaved trunk, rollbar, OEM kit, etc etc etc, then be prepared to make in excess of $10k. Not to mention that the shell of this car is in better condition than cars 8 years newer.

I'm devastated, but I graduate medical school in May and I don't even have an extra second in life to handle this. I'm in a dire financial situation, and my wife and I agree that the Moneypit needs to go. :(

Makes sense Jake. Sucks that you don’t have the time to do something you’re easily capable of doing to get the car back on the road, but sometimes that’s life. Hate to see it go, but perhaps it will go to a good home and be resurrected.

If I had the money lying around I’d consider working out getting the car into a shop out there, then either drive or ship it back.

Wouldn't mind having those wheels. Love the sporty simplicity of a clean 5-spoke.

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Moneypit, Shut up and take my money. I Pm'd you
PM'd back. Looking forward to talking with you.
Damn, Jake. Sad to see such a fine specimen up for sale. Seriously, one of the best builds that ever existed on this website. Priorities are priorities though!
I know dude. Thanks for the props, it seriously saddens me to see it go like this. Such a small setback, but in context, an impossible one for me. :(

Why do I feel like it's been decades since we talked? Gotta change that.
Makes sense Jake. Sucks that you don’t have the time to do something you’re easily capable of doing to get the car back on the road, but sometimes that’s life. Hate to see it go, but perhaps it will go to a good home and be resurrected.

If I had the money lying around I’d consider working out getting the car into a shop out there, then either drive or ship it back.

Wouldn't mind having those wheels. Love the sporty simplicity of a clean 5-spoke.
Thanks Chris. Supremely bummed right now, but like you said, that's life.

The wheels are so mint too. I've only put 1k miles on them since the last full custom rebuild, they're literally brand new. LMK if something changes and you are serious about picking them up. They're pretty aggressive, so you'd have to commit to bolt them up to your coupe :)

Back