More Suspension

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
i have koni yellows, and i have to say, i didn't notice an incredible change in body roll from stock. the yellows improved the heck out of the driveability of the car; i went from bouncy to smooth with the yellows.
keep in mind, reduced body roll comes mainly from a lower center of gravity, and you're not exactly slammed on on those teins. you also want to keep in mind that you're driving a 4 door accord and not an s2k, so you're throwing around a little extra weight around the corners.
the comments on tires is probably the best advice. "grippiness" means better contact with the road, which means on a hard corner, more of the tire will stay planted giving the extra feeling of stability/less roll.
don't get me wrong, yellows are the ishnit, but that's a lot of money to throw at your predicament.
also, and i know this is a long post, sorry, but research oversteer and understeer. i'm not familiar with either, but i do know you can effect both by upgraded sway bars front and rear

6genaccord

Reaction score
k not to hijack the thread...but I've been following and wondering now...

I have yellows, tein s-tech, TL 20mm rear sway, eBay front strut bar...

whats our oem front sway? is there one? am i going to notice a difference?
I'm tryin to keep up with 240's in turns :thinking:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I personally didn't notice much increase in handling when i upgraded my shocks. I did notice my car felt alot better in the twisties with my new shocks though, and more predictable. I'm running a low buck setup, eibach prokits, eibach pro dampers, eibach strut bar, TL 20mm rear sway. So my car doesn't handle amazingling but it's very predictable.

However, tires are what are really going to make your car handle. I've had various cars with various suspension setups and i can say that a medicure tire on great suspension will do you a good amount less than a medicure suspension setup on good tires. However, great tires on a stock or cheap setup can be a bit unpredictable.

Back