Morimoto LED Foglights ?

james'99

Reaction score
I talked to Got02Accord. He purchased them for his '02 coupe and said, "they were too oblong", so they didn't fit. That's where we stand on that I guess unfortunately.

Already knowing the outcome, I threw the ball back in their court and sent them an email. See what they come back with. I hope that maybe Morimoto will release another LED fog for the previous oval size but not holding my breath. Maybe their email back will offer some insight.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
He said they wouldn't directly fit the OEM 01-02 fog housings I assume. Wonder how much work it would take to modify the housings to fit the fogs, or maybe you'd have to use a different fixture altogether.

I saw the round ones only fit Hondas back to 2009. :gay:

james'99

Reaction score
He said they wouldn't directly fit the OEM 01-02 fog housings I assume. Wonder how much work it would take to modify the housings to fit the fogs, or maybe you'd have to use a different fixture altogether.

I saw the round ones only fit Hondas back to 2009. :gay:

Yeah, the 2009 fog lights are significantly larger. So here is the update...

Got02Accord has them on his car... After trimming the sideposts to fit the OEM mounting brackets and not using the OEM bezels. I don't know about you, but that isn't good enough for me...

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (43871) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Jamielle (The Retrofit Source)
Oct 29, 09:10
Hi James,
Thanks for your reply! Can you send us a picture of your fog light? If we have it listed there on the website it was because a customer confirmed fitment for us otherwise we wouldn't have listed the car.
Looking forward to your reply!

James Earl
Oct 28, 08:12
Personal Info:
Name: James Earl
Company:
Email: *********
Phone: *********
Vehicle Info:
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: Accord Coupe
Issue:
Topic: Compatibility
Subject: XB LED fogs
Comments: On the XB LED fogs, can you verify fitment on the 2002 Accord? I find it quite strange that it says that it would fit a 2002 Accord when the 2001 Accord is the same exact car.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...b-led-fog-lights-type-honda.html#.VjC7TZfTBS8
Thanks for your time.
James

This email is a service from The Retrofit Source.

So, Cody's car...
OEM:

XB LED:

Wish the OEMs were bigger. Will be replying to TRS now.

kn0x47

Reaction score
^ well that sucks. everything i read about them made it sound like the back part of the light was the biggest difference

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah I'd modify the fog housings to fit around those or not get them at all. Maybe you could still use mesh to at least hide/obscure the XB housing surrounding the lens.

james'99

Reaction score
Jamielle (The Retrofit Source)
Oct 30, 12:20

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply and pictures! We'll certainly make a note of this and let future customers know.

Thanks again!

James Earl
Oct 29, 20:40

Good evening!

So I talked to a buddy who I actually didn’t know tried to run these and only got them to fit with the original equipment after trimming the side posts on the light and running it without the bezel as shown by the picture. He has an ’02 coupe as well. So they can be made to fit, but unfortunately require modification and definitely do not look as clean as they could have. It is unfortunate too because they look like beautiful lights. I know the 2002 sedan has the same size fog light size as the coupe so fitment would probably be like that of the coupe.

James Earl

So I guess that's that.

Back