Mother's Clay Bar

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Take a sandwich bag, and run your fingers over your paint, if you feel specs, you'll need to clay. Before spending time with a claybar, you should first do this to make sure if you really need to clay.

When using the clay bar, you don't have to use the entire piece and just kneading it. Instead, rip off a small piece, flatten it out, then use that. Throw that piece away after you use both sides. It's much safer, and much more cost efficient.

If you run out of lubricant, any sort of carwash w/water will work just as well. make sure you give your car a nice bath after claying w/dish washer detergent. It'll remove any sort of polish and wax.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
i used this today after reading the thread, and am very pleased with the results.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
im gonna do this next time i wash my car. make my gf do it. BWAHAHA.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Make sure you guys wax your car after doing the clay job. Dirt and grim tends to find their way back into the crevices rather quickly after you clay your vehicle.

SteadFast

Reaction score
Make sure you guys wax your car after doing the clay job. Dirt and grim tends to find their way back into the crevices rather quickly after you clay your vehicle.

exactly, always AT least wax after claybar

personally i've gotten the best results using Meg's polish followed by Meg's show car glaze #7 then going over it with a nice coat or 3 or NXT paste wax, all right after claybaring

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Will using the clay bar get rid of those swirl marks/scratches you can see in the sunlight?

Back