Motor mounts

acedomain

Reaction score
Ordered innovative mounts but the rear one is different than what I have. I saw pictures on auto parts warehouse that show mounts for an auto and for a standard accord, they look different. Is there any way I can use what they sent me? I have a 98 accord lx originally auto but switched to stick shift.

acedomain

Reaction score
PhotoGallery.asp
what they sent me.... Im on my phone, if the picture doesn't show it's the one on the innovative site

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I can't see the pic but if its the one with the stud sticking up instead of the one with a through bolt design you would have to get the automatic rear mount bracket. Did you change the mount when you 5spd swapped?

acedomain

Reaction score
I didn't do the swap I got the car with the swap already done but I deff. Have the motor mount with the stud on top....

acedomain

Reaction score
So I got the bracket for the through bolt design and I am at the mechanic and he is telling me the rear mount won't fit because the old one has four bolts and this one has 3 and it doesn't seems like the wholes will line up am I missing something here

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Its all there. I thought the same thing when did mine. Trust me you'll find the three holes in a triangle shape just toss the extra bolt or save it for something else.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Tell your mechanic to loosen everything then take the two pieces out as a whole, they will not come out separately if he tries there will be loads of foul words. They mount and bracket also have to go in together as well keep the through bolt out though. Orient the mount where the two bolt holes are in the back and the single faces the front. Be patient pain in the *** times will be had.

Back