mraw112's 20v blacktop 7age mr2 build

mraw112

Reaction score
Well I finally got the car running, unfortunately, its running with the 16v head for now. Ive had a hard time getting the ITBs for the 20v head, because i lost my job in March, and many corolla owners have no sense of value on what parts are really worth. I plan on geting the the car up and running on megasquirt over may and then putting the 20v head on in june.

So far the engine pulls great. throws you back alittle when you stomp on the gas... pulls alot better than the stock 4age. The problem is the engine really starts to get flat at about 6000 rpms to redline. I think the 20v head will really change that. Also, since ive been driving it, i average 32 to 35mg with spirted driving, and when I drive it normal, I got 42mpg. Not bad for no tuning, O2 sensor and about 140bhp.

I have a video of a quick pull, but photobucket is having a hard time uploading the video

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Im having a hard time believing its okay to just take material off the piston crowns without properly balancing them. I'd like to know more about this...

mraw112

Reaction score
the diameter of the cut was 2.54cm. I went about .075-.1cm deep. The angle was about 20 degrees, but the surface lower on the inside of the piston I probably only removed .08-.1 ccs from the piston. The density of aluminum is 2.7g/ml so i only remove ~.25 grams. really not that much.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice work, what exactly is your goal with this car? Just get it running? lol

Back