Muffler vs resonator

Thormx331

Reaction score
I had put up a thread before about installing a flowmaster muffler on my v6. Long story short I cut off everthing behind the cats ,(res and 3 mufflers) and installed a 2 1/2 inlet flowmaster to dual outlet and left it as that with no tail piping, EXTREMELY LOUD and vibrated everything.

Most accords exhaust I have scene have a magnaflow or some sort of res and two mufflers at the end. Not what i really want to do.

My goal is to have the muffler(s) under the car and just have piping come out both sides infront of the back tires, if that doesnt work then id run them to the back.

In saving money could I use my single inlet dual outlet flowmaster as my resonator and act as a Y pipe and then have two mufflers after that. OR could a have a single muffler then the flowmaster then tail pipes?

Please any input would be good. thanks

AFAccord

Reaction score
Like this?

IMG_0381.jpg

Thormx331

Reaction score
I do. What is your exhaust set up? Does it have more of an echo noise from the long tail pipes?

AFAccord

Reaction score
That setup was a high-flow cat, tube resonator, magnaflow single-in, dual-out muffler with pipes run to the back. It didn't have much of a tone to it really. It was kind of throaty in a 4.6 Mustang sort of way, except not as deep or rumbly, if that makes sense. Not sure I'd call it an echo.

Thormx331

Reaction score
I feel like a res before the flowmaster still wont quiet it down enough. What about magnaflow muffler then the flowmaster(dual) muffler after that then tail pipes? Just because I would still like to run them out the sides and I know that will be a short exhaust

AFAccord

Reaction score
Do you have any other images, or info on this? Like what the dimensions of the muffler used was? I totally want to do something similar. Looking underneath it looked like a tight fit to get a muffler there, but obviously it fits.

I have plenty of the car, but none from underneath of the exhaust itself.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universalmuffler.asp

I think I used part # 11148, 3.5"x7" oval, single in, dual out.

Back