multiplex control unit

mlapan925

Reaction score
so awhile back i installed an alpine deck and not knowing about the orange illumination wires, my dash cluster lights and climate control lights no longer work. my gear selection,clock, and odometer light works only when my headlights are not on. ive done some research on it and ive come to the conclusion the m.c.u. is dunzo. any suggestions where i could find a new one that isnt $400+ at a honda dealership?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I did the same thing and it blew my turn signal fuse which caused my dash not to light up. Check that first. It's in the passenger side fuse box. If not that then hit up nikita (RussianRed) he always has them

mlapan925

Reaction score
i checked all my fuses, passenger side, driver side, and motor compartment. all good. i did notice that in the motor comp. box theres a spot for a dimmer relay with a 7.5amp but when i went to put the fuse in theres no metal contact slots in the place where the fuse goes. anywho im gunna message russianred to see if he can help

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
have you...uhh...unhooked the orange wire? :lawl:

if you search this subforum for "illumination," i made a post about which wire in the dash works (at least for pioneers).

mlapan925

Reaction score
yes i did check it lol its been unhooked since it happened. i have a alpine deck and its working now. just went to walmart and got some sticky blue led lights to illuminate the dash for now ttil i can get a mcu

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
is the pic of the green accord below your reply yours? if so what rims are those? also ill go check that now.

i checked all my fuses, passenger side, driver side, and motor compartment. all good. i did notice that in the motor comp. box theres a spot for a dimmer relay with a 7.5amp but when i went to put the fuse in theres no metal contact slots in the place where the fuse goes. anywho im gunna message russianred to see if he can help

Damn you must have blown the mcu. I guess I got lucky that one time. And yea its mine they're varrstoens

Back