my car after some stlye changes

retroshark

Reaction score
thanks again!

as far as the swap, im gonna be honest and not recomend doing it without an engine lift. the pedals were hard, VERY hard. probably the hardest part so far. the clutch pedal needs a big hole drilled )about 1 3/8") so that the master cyl can slip in there, and you have a very tight space to drill in, and thats through metal as well. the brake pedal is just a pain in general, what with teh steering shaft in the way.

as far as the tranny goes, you have to remove both the tranny, and the drivers side motor mounts, then tilt the entire motor over in order to slide the lump off of the motor. and yes, teh auto probably ways a hell of a lot more, and i dont have an engine lift.

lastly, sinc eim running a turbo with a lot of completely custom stuff, i am running a chipped p28 vtec ecu. that means i have to convert the car to obd1, plus convert the inector system to work with that system. also, another more complicated part is im not running honda injectors, or even aftermarket ones. im using 450cc injectrs from a DSM vehicle. that way there is less modification to seals and stuff like that. another part is the new fuel pump. that also needs to be setup sepcially thorugh the ECU. its all a lot of tuning here, but luckily my friend has a similar setup on his 5th gen, so hes given me his basemap that i can just burn onto a chip and run til i get my car to the tuners.

all in all, the setup is expensive. for the 5spd alone, i spent just about 1000 in parts. for the turbo stuff, and i mean EVERYTHING i possibly needed, ive speant about 3500, and i guarantee i have twice as many parts as any kit would contain. the setup will hopefully make about 230hp from start, but when i get to swapping the head and really getting down to the internals, it shoudl support, maybe with a slightly bigger turbo, about 300-350hp. all id need is more boost and a bigger turbo and the internals to support the added pressure, and id be making some good power.

i still have a long way to go before this is all wrapped up, but once the tranny is on, and i know the clutch engages and disengages, ill be able to really concentrate on the wiring etc

retroshark

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
retroshark did you win the lotto?

no, i didnt, i just saved a little, borrowed from my savings account and am working 50 hours a week to pay myself back. i walk to work to save on gas sometimes :)

ive had a ****ty last year and a half, other than being with my girlfriend, so this is really a gift to myseelf for keeping it all together and making it through. i know i speant a lot more than i planned to, and am putting in a lot more work than i have time for, but i love it, and i felt liek i deserved it.

and to anyone interested in either a turbo kit with all the trimmings custom designed for the 6th gen, or a 5spd swap, you can email me at [email protected], and i can get you, or try to get you parts, but just bare in mind, it took me nearly a year to find a manual accord with these parts, but now i know exactly what you need to do the swap/turbo, i can really get teh parts together. lastly, i also have some stuff for sale such as my short shifter auto shifter, an s2000 shifter knob, a boost gauge, an oil pressure gauge, a stock fuel pump and injectors, cold air intake without filter, and all my old sound system stuff.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
man, that sounds like a lot of work, but its awesome! i was considering doing the 5spd swap, but im just going to buy a manual car and be done with it. well, i shouldnt say that...my buddy is a dsm freak getting his car built at buscher (~500hp awd hp :eek: ) and were trying to get a turbo kit together for me just for fun...and for free lol. just bolt it on and go 6lbs, nothing drastic for now only sh!ts and giggles. and btw, if anyone else needs some dsm 450cc injectors, dsm turbo mani (almost a direct bolt on to our cars i believe) or 14b/16g/20g turbos, ill hook you up. $50 for 4 injectors, and i can get the best price for the turbo stuff :D

retroshark: good luck with everything. i really want to see how your turbo kit comes out, especially down the road with upgraded...well...everything lol.

HondaGus

Reaction score
retroshark said:
lol for 10g's id do a crazy setup

id do 5spd, turbo, head swap, internals and more lol. just give me the money and the car, plus about 2 months :)
DONE DEAL!! :D

imma email you so we can chat,

retroshark

Reaction score
guess what i did!!

got the tranny the **** off of the motor!

it was stuck on something and i just jiggled and pryed it and wham, it fell to the floor. then i got the torque converter off and i need to steal a star socket from work to do the flyweel bolts. anyways, heres pics!!!

also, the auto tranny must weight twice as much as the manual, i cant pick it up more than an inch or so to throw it accross the floor lol. its also a ton biggger. look at the pics! imn so damn happy its off, i gave myself the night off lol. bad thing is, i ruined my haynes manual, it got covered in ATF fluid and coolant, so i threw it away. i wish there was a better manual out there, the haynes is much too vague, especially when it comes to stuff liek replacing a clutch and stuff like that. tomorrow i get off at 5 and my gf isout for the night, so my goal is to get teh new tranny installed and the motor sitting back in the mounts. shouldnt be too hard to do, i just need that socket. im damn happy its about half way done now, hopefully after teh tranny is in, i can put some brake fluid in the clutch lines and test the clutch engagement and the pedal height etc. im still concerned that i need a drivers side axle since apparantly i mixed up the side that i need (although the passenger side manual axle is shorter than the auto one, and the drive side looks like it will fit. either way, i can get it for 60 shipped and it takes a couple of days for it, so its no problem.

DSCF3786 copy.jpg

DSCF3787 copy.jpg

DSCF3788 copy.jpg

DSCF3789 copy.jpg

DSCF3790 copy.jpg

DSCF3791 copy.jpg

DSCF3792 copy.jpg

DSCF3793 copy.jpg

DSCF3794 copy.jpg

DSCF3795 copy.jpg

DSCF3796 copy.jpg

DSCF3797 copy.jpg

retroshark

Reaction score
hell no! never again, unless its for about 2000 dollars. now i know why shops charge a **** load for this kind of work. its damned hard

scrappys64

Reaction score
Damn Retro it's looking better every day. My hat is off to you my friend, congrats on getting that SH*T BOX of a tranny out of there. Good luck and I am actually debating on boost or H23, just not sure yet. :D

Back