my car died on me...

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
so the story goes....i turned on my car to go to work and i don't usually warm up the car, it was never a problem to begin with, when i got to work and parked the car, the rpm all of a sudden is fighting to not reach 0. and it would shake the car everytime the rpm goes really low like that and just shuts off. so i started the car again and the rpm bounced up and down very low again shaking the car and OFF it goes again. i check the oil when i got home and it was close to LOW. can someone confirm if the low oil is the problem? thanks!

jccg5

Reaction score
ummm burning oil stages is in process ?? check if some leak . and second of all bro..u should warm the car up and waity until the engine reach is normal temp..then go..because if you dont warm up the car..it would start giving you problem

lwlba

Reaction score
hmm... i know that u can adjust the idle rpm somehow... but iono if that's the problem tho. but of course.. if your rpm is low...it'll shake and die. i had the problem before.. not as bad as u tho, my car juz kinda shook a bit, but then someone was able to adjust my idle rpm thing.. and that kind fixed it. but iono if the low oil thing has anything to do.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Well, just starting the car and going is not good for the motor.
THe oil is still in the oil pan and needs sufficent time to get into the motor to protect the metal moving parts. After some time, that will damage the internals, but shouldn't affect the idling.
You should check the plugs, wires and clean the fuel injectors.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
idle bounces up and down... check for vacumn leaks

if it sounds like it's choking, check the EGR valve

Back