My car Got Flooded

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
i'd call insurance and get a different car. this one won't be worth the money you'll put into it to fix it and it will be nothing but headaches.

thanks for your advice, one thing i can tell u is that the car is not even register, and has no insurance at all, this is my first car i pay off completely in my life, thats why is so sentimental to me, u knoe

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
^ x2 and if one day u will sell it... u won't get much money cuz people will know if it has been flooded or not...

go through insurance and total it and get a new one

which is true wat your say v6, right know the best i can do is fix it, there is no way out for me, cuz i dont have any insurance now and the reason i dont have on now becuase i recently purchase the car 2 months ago and i live in new york and im transferring my license to Pennsylvania

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
I hate to say it, and I know its probably not what you want to hear...but I think the two posts above are right. Unless the car was only worth $1500 or so when you got it.

well at the moment it cost me twice the amount u said, becuase the interior was in a perfect condition like brand new and the engine is fully maintain by honda dealer i have the receipts.

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
If the interior is wet, that alone isn't worth the hassle. Even if you pull it all out, you'll never get ALL the water out and that'll turn to mold and a bad smell.

your right but now i have the seats in my room and im restoring them to brand new

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
+1 on calling insurance and call it quits with the car. The headaches you might face will not be worth it. Plus personally I couldnt put money on a car that'll never be the same again.

If you do have that much of an emotional attachment though...
-Tow the car to a heated garage of yours or a buddys. Rent a storage space if you have to.
-Take plugs out and coil packs, unplug fuel pump fuse and crank engine to eject any water in cylinders
-Take off the seats and let them dry.
-Recommended to take off the carpet as well. If not, buy some moisture absorbent packs and lay them all over the car. When i say all over I mean COVERING the interior floor.
http://www.damprid.com/product/hi-capacity-moisture-absorber-4lbs-fg50t
-I'd change oil/tranny fluid/coolant/power steering and even re-bleed the brakes but if you want to do just some do at least oil and tranny fluid.
-Grab some electronics moisture displacer and spray all connectors in the engine bay
-I'd even consider using it on the inside connectors as you should be letting that car sit for at least a week in a heated environment drying
-Allow it to dry and pray
-Once dry buy some Rust Spray Oil and coat the entire bottom of the car from end to end.

001stunna, thanks so much, its going to take me alot of time, to rebuild the car to factory for now, but im willing to risk it becuase is a good car. i have a lot of faith that will work, i bought a new battery from autozone just to start, and it looks like i have a lil bit of luck, the cluster work the ignition works, i try to crank it for a second and the engine moves so it means that a few part work, but i think all the fuses are out becuase when i plug the battery, the horn started and wont let go, and the fans works,

i will follow your steps and thank you so much, i think u understand the emotional attachment u can have for a car

ill keep u posted

Back