My Drivers Door Will Not Unlock!

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Thats b/c the locking mechanism is stuck in the locking position.

Honestly, it was a ***** busting apart the lock thru an inch wide space. Take the upper portion of the panel off and play around with it...feel for the rocker arm and see if you can open the door. You'll have to stick your hand or find a long rod with a flat end (heavy duty flat head) and push down on the rocker arm. That is, after locating it within the door which isn't very visible.

Worst case scenario, you break the locking mechanism. Good luck

low430

Reaction score
Thats b/c the locking mechanism is stuck in the locking position.

Honestly, it was a ***** busting apart the lock thru an inch wide space. Take the upper portion of the panel off and play around with it...feel for the rocker arm and see if you can open the door. You'll have to stick your hand or find a long rod with a flat end (heavy duty flat head) and push down on the rocker arm. That is, after locating it within the door which isn't very visible.

Worst case scenario, you break the locking mechanism. Good luck

Ya Im going to F-with it tomorrow again and attempt to actually open the door.
From there If it is some rod I want to replace whatever it was that failed so it doest happen to me again.

I have had engines go trannys explode, nothing is more frustrating than this.
Aside from maybe electrical wiring

tnguyen600

Reaction score
You should be able to pull the upper portion of the door panel back; not necessarily off. First, unscrew the screws located behind the door handle release. Than get a flat head or something to pry the upholstered panel away from the door. They're held in my metal prongs which can be put back in later. By doing this, if you so chose, you can cut a square just big enough so that you can put your hand back there...I did this and I really didn't care since it'll be covered up when I put back the panel. I found that this was easier to determine what was wrong with the locking mechanism.

After playing around with the lock and you realize that nothing can be done as far as fixing it goes, you'll have to break the lock. Make sure you already purchase the lock assembly for the driver door from Honda; this way after you break the lock, you'll have the lock to replace it.

Break the lock via cave man style. heavy duty flat head on the locking mechanism, bang other end of the flathead. Have fun lol

low430

Reaction score
You should be able to pull the upper portion of the door panel back; not necessarily off. First, unscrew the screws located behind the door handle release. Than get a flat head or something to pry the upholstered panel away from the door. They're held in my metal prongs which can be put back in later. By doing this, if you so chose, you can cut a square just big enough so that you can put your hand back there...I did this and I really didn't care since it'll be covered up when I put back the panel. I found that this was easier to determine what was wrong with the locking mechanism.

After playing around with the lock and you realize that nothing can be done as far as fixing it goes, you'll have to break the lock. Make sure you already purchase the lock assembly for the driver door from Honda; this way after you break the lock, you'll have the lock to replace it.

Break the lock via cave man style. heavy duty flat head on the locking mechanism, bang other end of the flathead. Have fun lol

What do you mean Break the lock? Bang on what ?
I want to open the door there must me another way.
I have a long metal rod about twice teh diameter of a metal hanger I Fiddled with the lock but no luck opening it.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
I mean you have to literally break the lock mechanism inside the door lol What I suggest is you going to honda and purchase the lock mechanism that goes inside the door; I'm not talking about the key hole. After purchasing it, look at it and get familiar with the design b/c you really can't tell what it looks like by looking through the window slot. The locking mechanism is mostly made up of plastic with some metal here and there....You gotta break the plastic.

Heres what it looks like:

2872152.jpg

paypalbid

Reaction score
thats a door lock actuator (plastic housing) price at $35-$52 depends oem or after market. Inside the plastic housing is a motor that looks like a motor for your toy cars. this motor winds a coil and plastic gears allowing the door lock to engage and retract. The motor is probably shot so you need a whole new unit.

low430

Reaction score
thats a door lock actuator (plastic housing) price at $35-$52 depends oem or after market. Inside the plastic housing is a motor that looks like a motor for your toy cars. this motor winds a coil and plastic gears allowing the door lock to engage and retract. The motor is probably shot so you need a whole new unit.

If the motor is shot how does it push the lock shaft up and down ?
So on these cars your saying the key hole is not actually connected to the lock?

Back