My idea for headers and downpipe

AztecaPrincesa

Reaction score
ok bear with me here is what i have to play with i just purchased these items.

HEADERS AND DOWNPIPE - these headers were not bad at all for the price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stai...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483a8dd8f1

HEAT WRAP - im not to impressed should i even be using this on my headers it looks kinda cheap (i already have it by the way)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=33631
(AND I ALSO BOUGHT SOME SEPERATE METAL ZIP LINES)

OK SO HERE IS MY PLAN:
1.coat the new headers with vht flameproof primer then paint matte blk
2.wrap it nice and tight applying zip lines edge to edge
3.coat them with hi temp silicone
4.test in oven

so is this a good idea?
Should i change my plans around????:run:

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
honestly what you pay for is what you get. Even if you do paint the headers and wrap them, our retarded weather will kill them easily. The snow and retarded day to day temperature change. Look in the exhaust review thread there are some good headers for less than 130.

I also believe there is a company on ebay that sells megan headers, you might want to look into that.

supasnipa360

Reaction score
You have the right idea. They may not be the bestheaders but having a lower coat, then the wrap, and a silicone top coat will do pretty well no matter the weather...now after winters of salt and $*** you may want to inspect them and make sure theres no exposure of the metal. They are stainless so you should be fine.

AztecaPrincesa

Reaction score
ok thank supa^ thats kindas what i though, also i will keep a close eye on them.
its like my chi town buddy said weather in chicago is pretty annoying.

i used to have megan headers on my cb7 and they went quicker than some other cheaper headers that i have on another car.(note they were installed on the same day)so idk we will see what happens.....

Deshon2688

Reaction score
if I remember correctly, AFAccord used no-name headers like these in his build and was fine with them. i'd rather spend the money on these for them to crack in a year than on meagans. although i dont think too many members here have had that many horror stories with megans, but gettin what u pay for isnt always a bad thing. sounds like u got a pretty good idea of what ur doin tho

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
only issue I had with my ebay headers,was the location they put the front bolt..Could not get it on due to piping in the way..But that was just my luck and my seller i chose..alot of people have ebay headers and there just fine..I personally seen my friends with the ceramic DC sport headers and over time all the ceramic falls off and is a rust bucket..These just turn the brown/purple color after 5mins after installed.

9450erick

Reaction score
i was about to get these but i didnt know the difference in hole sizes between the generic nd megan
decided megan. there fine with me no prob

AztecaPrincesa

Reaction score
so i ended up in oreilys thank god they had a special on some good header wrap 36$ DEI brand way more sturdy than the generic stuff i got off ebay.
ok time to get to work!!!!:147703263745b138a51

Back