My J32/6 speed quest!

Styx2015

Reaction score
So you're saying the J32A2 internals will fit and work in the J35A4 block? I'm going to test fit tonight just to make sure. But it seems like the extra webbing and material on the J32A2 block must have been there for a reason if it was designed and manufactured like that. I originally was going to swap the J32A2 pistons onto the J35A4 rods and crank, but I've decided to save some machine shop money and a little time and just do the J32A2 internals. Also, I feel like the J32A2 forged crank might be nice to have as well and the torque gains from the J35A4 rods/crank are not worth the cost.

Jarrett

Reaction score
Yes, all of the internals will swap over. However, it sounds like you're planning to use J32A2 internals in a J32A2 block. I think that's called a J32A2.

Styx2015

Reaction score
Haha, yeah I know. I've been bouncing back and forth on how I want to do this. Still in the process of researching on V6P as well.

Jarrett

Reaction score
My CL-S6 is a decently quick car from an acceleration standpoint. I can only imagine how much it will pull once I put the J35A3 bottom end under it. If I were you, I would put the J35A4 rotating assembly in the J32A2 block with the J32A2 pistons, new rings, new bearings and new front and rear main seals and call it a day. If you're still concerned about the strength of the parts, get a J35A3 shortblock. I bought mine for less than $200 from yungone501.

brian6speed

Reaction score
I remember reading this as well, what a shame... :(
I do see their reasoning though, as the vast majority (~99%) of J engines are running an auto tranny

The reason aem made it for auto motor only is because they made it specifically for j swaps in civics and integras. They don't care about the cl or accord. Most ppl buy an auto engine because there are so many of them. Only 3000 some 6 speed cls were made, versus probably 50,000 automatics.

The hard part is finding the 6 speed tranny. It is a good thing that the 3rd gen tl tranny works also.

You can do a 3.5-3.7 build and use the stock ecu but it would run much better tuned. You probably want to upgrade the injectors too.

There is a good amount of info on this if you are willing to do the research. Check out j32 forum, acurazine, and v6p.

From what I've read the j32a2 is a better block than the j32a3 because of the sleeves used. It can withstand more power. The j32a2 heads are an improvement over the j32a3 also.

Last edited:

Styx2015

Reaction score
I'm probably going to just end up using the J35A4 block and rotating assembly along with the J32A2 pistons and heads. Saves me $600 with not buying the new J32A2 block.
I was looking at MoneyPit's member's ride thread as well. Seems like he used the same J35A4/J32A2 setup and boosted it without a problem. My plan is to stay NA, so I should be just fine.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Worst comes to worst LMK I have a J32a2 I'm selling. I'll give you a special price since I like how your approaching your project. Mine is an auto so you'll have to swap over all your sensors.

Styx2015

Reaction score
One more question that I have really gotten mixed answers from: If I take the J32A2 pistons and fit them onto the J35A4 rods, is the wrist pin reusable?

Jarrett

Reaction score
Absolutely. The pin is a floating design and is held in place by two circlips at either end of the pin. These run much more loose tolerances than traditional press-fit wrist pins. Even still, wrist pins are not usually deemed as wear items.

Last edited:
Back