My new sub vid :)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
^^^I don't hear dampening of any kind in that video. It will also add some weight to the panel.

well all dynamat does is add weight, that's how it reduces vibrations. and considering its damn near impossible to prevent any rattling at all, i probably wouldn't bother either. just wasting a lot of money + adding a lot of weight most of the time. trunks are a BITCH to dampen well.

thankfully i did a front-firing setup so i don't have any rattles anyways, and no dampening was needed :p

Sonnick

Reaction score
Wildman, this is front firing too.... :D
To Immortal, this is a temporary install as of now. When I get money for the rest it will all be installed. This was just to see how it sounded. And it is not just loud, it is very musical

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
boo i want to know the specs.

not to be an ***, but if that's front-firing you need to spend a lot more time on your install, and make sure to completely seal the trunk off from the rest of the car. i used a bunch of edead when i did mine

almost_done.JPG

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Wildman said:
well all dynamat does is add weight, that's how it reduces vibrations. and considering its damn near impossible to prevent any rattling at all, i probably wouldn't bother either. just wasting a lot of money + adding a lot of weight most of the time. trunks are a BITCH to dampen well.

thankfully i did a front-firing setup so i don't have any rattles anyways, and no dampening was needed :p

I have ONE rattle left in my car. All I used was two wedge packs and a speaker kit. Trunks are actually pretty easy, rear decks tend to be the hardest. The 6th Gens. have a pretty curvy rear deck along with the wiring which makes it, in my opinion having done both, harder than a trunk.

Sonnick

Reaction score
HondaGus said:
what kind of amp is that??? :D
Hifonics bxi2006d...I'm actually borrowing it from a friend
Wildman said:
boo i want to know the specs.

not to be an ***, but if that's front-firing you need to spend a lot more time on your install, and make sure to completely seal the trunk off from the rest of the car. i used a bunch of edead when i did mine
Qts: 0.393,Qes: 0.448,Qms: 31.96,Fs: 21 Hz,Res: 5.05 Ohms (voice coils in series),Ls: 6.4 mH,Vas: 158.6 liters,Mms: 288.5 grams,BL: 20.75 N/A,SPL: 87.01 dB @ 1W, 1m,Xmag: 28.4mm one way,Xsus: 38.2mm one way

Like I said, this is a temporary install

Hailee91969

Reaction score
use it

blacknight said:
Hope your license plate doesn't rattle.

LOL...........dont use that when you posting, blacknight...haha

Last edited by a moderator:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Hailee91969 said:
LOL...........dont use that when you posting, blacknight...haha

1) what are you talking about?

2) I hope you're not posting BS just to get your posts up

3) And I hope you're not making BS posts just so you can copy and paste that URL that you've been pasting during your past 8 posts. If so stop it. It will not be tolerated.

Back