MY NEWEST project 97 GST Turbo

Twobit

Reaction score
Nice, upgrade turbo/internals/suspension and misc interior and you'll be pimp

AccordinSam

Reaction score
Turbo is upgraded, intercooler is upgraded, piping is upgraded, exhaust is upgraded to 3" turbo back ;)

Edit: so is the suspension, car is dropped 2" but i wanna get a full coilover suspension.

Got new Enkeis and Nitto Invos that arent on the car yet.

Last edited:

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Love it! I remember spending hours on autotrader trying to find one back in the day. Exterior looks clean, not a fan of the tan and black combo, but all in all looks great. If I had my way with it, I'd lose some weight and leave the seats in that nice, clean garage of yours cause no one can sit back there anyway. Have fun with it, nice buy

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Save up for an LSD right now. I don't care how goood your tires are, you should be making enough power if your spending any money to make any tire really fight for traction.

Nice on the 6 bolt. They can still walk though, well any car can get crank walk. It's not common at all, well, it's not even common on 7 bolts, it's just been talked up alot.

Should have bought a gsx though, i could never deal with fwd, that's me.

I'm a bit of a dsm fan, lol, obvioiusly from my screen name.

Here is my old bitch
talki3.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
youll have to worry more about the timing components. one thing you need to check on the donor 6bolt is the cam keys. my buddy kept losing timing in his old tsi and couldnt figure it out...his cams kept slipping. oh and eliminate your balance shafts asap.

the timing problems are the only things keeping me from buying a dsm. my buddy has a fully buchur built gsx and is building two tsi's for friends, and one more when he finds another shell. hes got more parts than anyone i guarantee it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
ryan s said:
youll have to worry more about the timing components. one thing you need to check on the donor 6bolt is the cam keys. my buddy kept losing timing in his old tsi and couldnt figure it out...his cams kept slipping. oh and eliminate your balance shafts asap.
That's very odd. In the 6 years of owning a dsm and being fairly active in the online and local communites, i never heard about that. It seems like some cars skipped a tooth a bit to easily for my comfort level but nothing like that. Luckily the valves arn't close enough to hit the pistons since it's a non interference engine.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it IS an interference engine. his first red tsi skipped like 3 teeth, cooked 2 pistons and bent 11 valves. then in his blue tsi (the key-skipping one), after like the 3rd timing belt, he sold it when it ran good and the 17 year old kid who bought it burned a couple pistons and bent (i think) 8 valves.

on his n/a laser, he went through 4 timing belts and 20-some valves.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
NM, it's the non turbo's that arn't. Lol, it's been awhile. Only the 1.8 1g's though. Just looked it up.

Last edited:
Back