My retrofit

ImagioX1

Reaction score
Hey guys. Decided to share my retrofit with yall. I used some acura rl projectors modded with a clear lens and dropped shield and spacing, with some matsu****a gen5 ballast. Running msmatch koito and philips bulbs ATM but when I get the money ill be going with the orsam nightbreaks d2s's. So on to the pics

THe projectors

Output shots

The retrofit

Oem glue to seal them back up

Had to black house them to prevent glare

On the car

Output pics
One side hid one side with HIRS

Both headlights. Rotation is off on one but they're glued up now so got to leave them like they are.

Finished product

ImagioX1

Reaction score
My only advice would be to go with fully oem parts. Its harder that way and cost a good bit more than using aftermarket stuff but the reliablity and performance of oem parts is way better than any aftermarket stuff out there. Go oem and never look back.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice job, looks like a clean retro. Were you able to maintain the up/down adustability?

ImagioX1

Reaction score
Nice job, looks like a clean retro. Were you able to maintain the up/down adustability?

Thanks man. Yeah the factory adjusters still work. The projectors a glued onto the reflector. So the adjusters work but I felt the need to beef up the ball joint under the bottom to prevent it from breaking under the extra weight.

Back