My retros by Lightwerkz

Geewiz

Reaction score
^Yea, that's directly from the site. I did the Morimoto projectors with E46 shrowds, and with the bi-xenon ballasts, blackhoused, left the amber strips at his recommendation since he said the LED strips to replace the accessory bulb had a tendency of going bad.

Once I have them installed, I'll also be starting a member's ride thread then because getting fender fixed and bumper repainted after paint flaked. If I do it right then car won't be lowered, but would be shortly after (like within a month). I'm off school, working for nearly a year on engineering co-op so getting a few things done now, then just sitting happy for a while!

FF2 Type2/2.5 or spill for AMRs is the question I ask myself now.

juicebox00

Reaction score
Headlight Projector Retrofitting
*Priority Charge Fee - $175 - Projector conversion completed on off-hours.
Projector retrofitting base labor pricing ranges between $375-$800.
Please contact us directly for a projector conversion estimate at [email protected]. We are currently restructuring our pricing for all models.
Please provide us with a specific service request to get the most accurate estimate. Different projector & shroud options affect price directly. Pricing may differ between OEM and Non OEM headlights.

Additional Sealant
This is a additional layer of sealant that dries clear and is inserted into any gaps between the housings. This ensures a condensation free lifetime of the headlight.
$40 - Recommended for after market & other known problematic headlights

Projector Shroud Options
$55 - E46 (Normal & Extended), Gatling Gun, Apollo, Ocular, E55

Projector Systems
Projectors include a tweaking & trimming charge. Others systems are available upon request.
$235 - OEM Acura TSX Projectors
$410 - OEM Honda S2000 Projectors
$180 - TFX Bi-Xenon Projectors
$160 - H1 Bi-Xenon Projectors (Includes Mini Gatlin Gun v3 shrouds)
$140 - D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors

pricing is in the middle, way more then i'd ever spend though. especially because of the morimoto kit on TRS is cheaper than their prices. and $40 just to put some silicone around it?

But like i said, they did come out damn clean.

Geewiz

Reaction score
pricing is in the middle, way more then i'd ever spend though. especially because of the morimoto kit on TRS is cheaper than their prices. and $40 just to put some silicone around it?

But like i said, they did come out damn clean.

Thank you, didn't pay extra for the extra sealant, though he says they did the "extra" on the website. I just have been through two sets of egays. First one single-xenon in low beam projectors. One ballast died and dumb body guy i had left turn signal out of its socket unknowingly so mud got splashed into the outlet and never got it fully clean. 2nd set was four ballasts for both low and high beam xenons...not even going on how ****ty that was. Paying what I could have just done the first time, but yes, definitely expensive. I do as much of my mechanical work I can but don't mess with body work.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Thank you, didn't pay extra for the extra sealant, though he says they did the "extra" on the website. I just have been through two sets of egays. First one single-xenon in low beam projectors. One ballast died and dumb body guy i had left turn signal out of its socket unknowingly so mud got splashed into the outlet and never got it fully clean. 2nd set was four ballasts for both low and high beam xenons...not even going on how ****ty that was. Paying what I could have just done the first time, but yes, definitely expensive. I do as much of my mechanical work I can but don't mess with body work.

That's something i can understand. I can do a few things here and there mechanically but the only body work i'll do is a car wash...

Geewiz

Reaction score
I never really thought about a car's headlights being such a big piece of its total body appeal, weird metaphor but it's kind of like the importance of the eyes of a girl to the rest of her, a big deal, at least to me. This site and all the different retrofitters I've seen. Kudos to all those that have done it themselves. I like the feeling of accomplishing stuff on my own but hate it when screw something up and didn't want to risk screwing this up.
I can always try and retrofit my original OEM headlamps though now!

Geewiz

Reaction score
Got them in yesterday, do have to say I am impressed. I'm confused about the wiring though. I can/will post picks, just more recent if it's for this question: Does anyone else have a bi-xenon setup with or without (preferrably with) a wiring harness where the harness plugs into one of the 9006 outlets to switch on the harness to power the ballasts for low beams of the xenons and then when you switch on high beams your stock 9005 bulbs come on simultaneously the bi-xenons kick on high?

I did a whole picture diagram with things circled and sent it to the Caesar at Lightwerkz but I got an auto-response saying out of office for a week.

Screw it, here's the diagram:
RH6D0P1.jpg

Red is battery leads, fuse, and relay. Blue is 9006 connector to know when to switch on the relay and power the ballasts (1 of 2 shown). The yellow mI believe to be the high connector but have no idea where the hell this goes. I think I might have the wrong harness. Seems there should be a 9005 (high) switch like the one in blue is for the 9006 (low) switch. I also figure the 9005 switch would have to be like Xmas lights and have a connector in the rear of it to allow the stock 9005 halogen to power up as well. I'm probably answering my own question since I study electrical engineering as a big part of my major, computer engineering, but would like someone to confirm my suspicions so I can get the right harness if mine be the wrong one. Thanks for reading the rant.

Back