my tail lights are done........finally

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well guys, ive recently started to actually really like the look of stock tails at night, so i think im putting my stockers on, im not ordering red/clears or anything, but ive ordered some spray tint, the testors stuff, and im doing them like this:
BlackRims8.jpg

i think these will still get that "blacked out" look ive wanted, but still give me that stockish kinda look. plus i think im starting to grow out of my altezza days, but who knows, i may switch back and fourth every now and then.

skabone

Reaction score
you've finally come to the dark side and decided to smoke out your tails. welcome to the crew.:D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha yea. i just have a quick question. in that pic, the guy DIDNT use a clear coat.....but if i decide that i want to, should i go over the whole lense so that there wont be a lip from the tape to prevent from chipping and w/e else, or should i just clear it while its still taped off? also, what grit sand paper should i use to lightly sand down the turn/back up lights?

skabone

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
haha yea. i just have a quick question. in that pic, the guy DIDNT use a clear coat.....but if i decide that i want to, should i go over the whole lense so that there wont be a lip from the tape to prevent from chipping and w/e else, or should i just clear it while its still taped off? also, what grit sand paper should i use to lightly sand down the turn/back up lights?
I went over the whole lense, but you could always go over the taped off area when you have it all preped. that would proably be the best. I actually didn't use any sand paper, but if you do you'll want to use something with a really fine grit.

acrod99

Reaction score
1200 or something for paper-the thin paint will not fill in any of the lines from sanding with lower papers, so go with the highest grit possible. Good luck, man! I'm glad you grew outta the altezzas (i had em on my old s10, so i know where you're comin from).

skabone

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
ill try it without sanding, and if it doesnt come out too well, then w/e ill just sand it down and respray, haha.
post up the pics once you do it up.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
skabone said:
post up the pics once you do it up.

you know me, haha. hopefully ill be able to do it saturday, the place i ordered the spray thru said it would take about a week, so that would be saturday.

ryon527

Reaction score
I would wash the taillights off really good with dishsoap before you paint. You want to do really light coats with that stuff because it will run really easily. Get a pan of hot water and put the spray can in the water for like 20 minutes so that the paint heats up and it'll spray better. Just really take you're time. You may have to do like 20 coats.

good instructions

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88909

same idea

Last edited:
Back