N/A to FI: AFAccord's 10:1 Comp Turbo F23 Build Thread/Restoration

akoutmos

Reaction score
^ Def agree with this. People just see the bigger number and buy it. You gotta weigh the trade-offs and see what suits your application best.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
A solid 60A urethane mount is still a LOT stiffer than a suspended rubber mount. I don't understand these guys that want to use the 85A or 95A mounts in their Accords unless it's a track-only car, and even then I doubt there's justification for anything that stiff. 700whp gutted civic that needs to pull 1.6 sec 60' times, sure. 3000lb Accord with 200hp? Get real.

^ Def agree with this. People just see the bigger number and buy it. You gotta weigh the trade-offs and see what suits your application best.

Absolutely. There were people that were fine with the 60A mounts. From what I read in those links, it was either that or 80A.....again, depending on what application suits your specific needs.

I was considering the same 75A mounts from Innovative, or the 80A rated product from McC. If I could find that kind of deal on the Innovative Mounts, then I wouldn't hesitate to get those.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I read on Innovative's website that they only offer 75A and up for F/H series due to the torque, yet their 97-01 prelude kit offers 60A. :eh:

AFAccord

Reaction score
New goodies! Lightly used Innovative 75A mounts. Hopefully between these and the BS delete, the car won't vibrate my teeth loose. Thanks Stephen!

4908a7d3.jpg

0ca344d3.jpg

AFAccord

Reaction score
I've been checking and double checking my rod journals lately for bearing size. I come up with a consistent 1.888" for the rod BE bore, and exactly 1.768" on each rod journal on the crank. This leaves me with .12" gap for bearings and oil clearance. Strangely enough, two green bearings (2 x .0590") takes up .118" of that space, leaving me exactly 2 thou oil clearance, which is exactly what I want. I'm almost skeptical how well that works out. Going to dig up my old bearings and plastigage everything this weekend to see how it looks.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Somehow don't think I've shared these yet. Picked them up months ago. Looking to pair them with some 11.1" Brembo blanks and SS braided hoses. Haven't chosen what pads to run just yet. Would like to paint them also, but not sure what color. It'll likely be either black or matched to whatever color I decide to paint the car.

IMG_0098.jpg

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Somehow don't think I've shared these yet. Picked them up months ago. Looking to pair them with some 11.1" Brembo blanks and SS braided hoses. Haven't chosen what pads to run just yet. Would like to paint them also, but not sure what color. It'll likely be either black or matched to whatever color I decide to paint the car.

IMG_0098.jpg

Nice! it seems like these brakes are starting to become popular again. I can't wait to see the results from this build, GL Jason.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Took the block back to the shop to have the P2W checked and new rings gapped. The P2W was .0025", which I've found out to be a little tight so I'm having them open it up to .004".

In retrospect, I wish I had checked the cylinders before boring them to see if they were straight enough to be honed out for stock bore pistons with a .004" P2W gap.
facepalm.jpg
The extra material (though not much) would still have been good insurance in my mind.

Last edited:
Back