N/A to FI: AFAccord's 10:1 Comp Turbo F23 Build Thread/Restoration

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Over 400 ponies!!! That is awesome! I think that takes the record...as far as i know......for highest HP F series build. Congrats again! Can't wait for the video :D

isn't shahid's aka ihazsnailz build higher? :thinking:

Chorilored

Reaction score
Damn nice results. Impressive numbers man, congrats on the build. Now i wanna know how you get traction on that beast. lol

AFAccord

Reaction score
Damn nice results. Impressive numbers man, congrats on the build. Now i wanna know how you get traction on that beast. lol

In first there is none. Second gear is just a tiny but squirrelly on wastegate pressure (5psi) but still useable. On low boost and high boost I'm utilizing boost by gear.

5, 11, 16, 19, 19 for low boost which burns through second and skips just a tad in third, and 10, 16, 19, 21, 21 for high boost which spins through third and is a little squirrelly in 4th.

I've been doing lots of high way pulls, but still granny shifting while the clutch breaks in and hoping not to snap an axle. I've almost become bored with 5psi though. Lol Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but after experiencing more, it just feels very weak by comparison.

Congrats! Great numbers, great build, and well done!

Thanks bro! I know I won't be up here for long till you catch up though! I really appreciate your input on the clutch. I am in love with this thing!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Thanks bro! I know I won't be up here for long till you catch up though! I really appreciate your input on the clutch. I am in love with this thing!

I'm right behind you, :hide: starting to pick it back up again, since it's in the garage for winter now.... We shall see. Regardless, hell of a good job and really enjoyed the progress and final results, I bet your ecstatic about the results!

Isn't that clutch the bomb? I think by far that combo of the clutch and flywheel is hands down amazing! Good to hear its working for you too Jason!

Chorilored

Reaction score
In first there is none. Second gear is just a tiny but squirrelly on wastegate pressure (5psi) but still useable. On low boost and high boost I'm utilizing boost by gear.

5, 11, 16, 19, 19 for low boost which burns through second and skips just a tad in third, and 10, 16, 19, 21, 21 for high boost which spins through third and is a little squirrelly in 4th.

I've been doing lots of high way pulls, but still granny shifting while the clutch breaks in and hoping not to snap an axle. I've almost become bored with 5psi though. Lol Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but after experiencing more, it just feels very weak by comparison.

Nice! Stock axles right? Are you going to upgrade your tires(width and style)?
Also can you feel the LSD doing its job well? I want one badly!
Lastly for boost by gear what brand E-boost controller are you using?
im at 10psi all gears:eusa_doh: im going to jump on that boost by gear next

AFAccord

Reaction score
Nice! Stock axles right? Are you going to upgrade your tires(width and style)?
Also can you feel the LSD doing its job well? I want one badly!
Lastly for boost by gear what brand E-boost controller are you using?
im at 10psi all gears:eusa_doh: im going to jump on that boost by gear next

Yeah, I was going to buy some new axles from the parts store, but got to reading about Raxles products. Then I remembered that I haven't replaced my axles that I pulled from the car, and figured they're probably OEM, so I just stuck with those. When I do break one, Ill be ordering a set from Raxles.

Honestly, I've had mixed feelings about the LSD. With so much wheel spin its difficult to tell if its doing its job sometimes, but when comparing high boost to low boost, its pretty obvious that low boost has much more traction. I have to sit back and remember that if it were an open differential, it would be a whole world of difference, so I'm thankful that the LSD is there. It's rarely an all out spin unless I'm in first or second. Third gear on 12-15lbs actually has kind of a skipping feeling to it. Not wheel hop, but a feeling as though the tires are catching and losing traction very quickly. Perhaps that's just the LSD biasing torque back and forth between the wheels? I hope it's not the clutch slipping a little. I'll have to pay more attention to it today and try to figure it out.

I'm using a MAC style PWM solenoid I picked up from Go-Autoworks. It's the same unit all the big names like AEM sell, only without their sticker and the $100 premium.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Jason, congrats on the awesome numbers. I haven't checked on the thread in awhile.

I see there was some stuff the thread could have done without, but nonsense aside, the build proved to be solid.

Still running well with no issues, I take it?

Back