N00b Header Question?

potholesloveme

Reaction score
I have a set of Ebay headers and basically ended up scraping a hole in the bottom of them because of how low they hung and how car my was since i was sitting on smaller wheels. I just wanna know what the difference is between Stainless Steel and Ceramic headers and what brands you guys would recommend that provide excellent quality?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
the hang low for me. what me and my buddy dis was..

1. deleted the ****itty flex pipe and replaed it with a straight pipe
2. cut the 2 pipes of the down pipe at the flange removed a inch and welded it back

before:
IMAG0545_zpsc8ddccbf.jpg

after:
IMAG0554_zpsead7250e.jpg

only pain is.. if you ever have to take it off its a pain without the flex pipe

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I had 2 do the same thing ^ lol

The DC header fits up good, n doesn't hang as low as any no name eBay header.
Ceramic n stainless is the material it's made out of. Stainless is shiny n will not rust hence the name stainless. Ceramic are a flat grey/silver lookin it's made out of mild steel/black iron it's coated w ceramic 2 prevent it from rusting.

Last edited:

potholesloveme

Reaction score
That sounds genius. I got a little shop to weld stuff in but idk how im gonna lift my car like that. :thinking: also, would it make it more louder if i leave out the flexpipe?

And im just not sure if ceramic is as durable as stainless.

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
That sounds genius. I got a little shop to weld stuff in but idk how im gonna lift my car like that. :thinking: also, would it make it more louder if i leave out the flexpipe?

And im just not sure if ceramic is as durable as stainless.

no it wont make it louder. the problem with the ebay heders is that they slope doewn in the middle, causing it to hang low.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
if you do it yourself make sure when you re weld it your exhaust is straight from the cat back. mine wsnt the first time and the resonator sat on the ground

Back