NA build

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
okay, where would i begin with an NA build? obviously the start up would be bolt ons. then fuel rails and regulator. after that, where would i go as far as internals? where can i find the parts online, and more important what part would i be changing and what would they do? could anything link me?

also, is megan stuff as bad as people say "cheap knock-off of mugan"

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
idk about the megan stuff, im gonna be getting there cat back and header later on, but for a build if youre goin all out, youll wanna pnp and port match both your intake manifold and head. i dont really know too much about compression, but i think if youre n/a its good to lower that a little? well, if im wrong, someone will correct me. you can even just get a thinner head gasket to lower your compression. obviously the right sized exhaust, id say nothing over 2.5" diameter for n/a. thats really all i can think of or even know, haha, plus it late for me, ive bene up all day and its 1234 now, haha.

skabone

Reaction score
honestly don't waste your time on an F23 NA build. the money you'd have to spend it would make sense to just swap in an H22. besides you can start off with an H22 and the do a full NA build down the road. there are tons of NA goodies for the H22.

acrod99

Reaction score
For n/a you want to UP compression. forced induction, you LOWER it. Go about uppin it with high compression pistons. Lower it with low compression/turbo pistons and a thicker headgasket. ^I'd hold out, get a DOHC engine for an n/a build. just my .02
Oh, and Megan has nothing to do with Mugen. It's just a small company with inexpensive parts.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
skabone said:
honestly don't waste your time on an F23 NA build. the money you'd have to spend it would make sense to just swap in an H22. besides you can start off with an H22 and the do a full NA build down the road. there are tons of NA goodies for the H22.

Except that once you factor in the price of the engine itself and that you can only do headwork and type-s pistons before you need to sleeve you could have a damn good F23 built and whooping that H22's ***. Sure the F23 doesnt rev as high but if your not making power at 7000+ rpms then whats the point of revving that high, not to mention the added benefit of torque from the F23.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
okay, where would i begin with an NA build? obviously the start up would be bolt ons. then fuel rails and regulator. after that, where would i go as far as internals? where can i find the parts online, and more important what part would i be changing and what would they do? could anything link me?

also, is megan stuff as bad as people say "cheap knock-off of mugan"

Head work
Valvetrain (cam, springs/retainers) - numerous company's have stuff for the F23 now.
Pistons (higher than 9:1)
Rods (Crower)
Other misc stuff
You wont need an upgraded fuel rail

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
yeah i actually know about my options of FI or H22 swap, and to be honest, i rather try to work on the stock engine than to swap out an engine because i actually hear a lot of good things about a well built F23. also, this is my daily driven car, so it's not like i need 250+wHP anytime soon. it's just for ****s and giggles when i'm cutting someone off or when i'm late for class. i'm just interested and curious to learn HOW exactly my car works and runs, which is the reason for NA than FI because FI is a whole other thing for me. thanks for the info guys. anything else you guys have would be helpful.
where would i be able to buy parts?
and do you know any shops down in Miami, FL?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
okay so i'm looking at raceeng.com
699 for crower rods.
what about pistons because i'm confused and can't find nothing.

Back