natural camber when slammed suspension

snydas1987

Reaction score
So iv tryed searching to find out how much natural camber im looking at having after i drop my cars suspension to say 1"-2" ground clearance but havent found a solid answer.
So does anyone on here know the amount of negative camber im going to end up with after lowering my car to the above mentioned ride height without using camber kits?
Thanks heaps guys
snyds

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
I have a 99 accord lx sedan and when I dropped mine on eibach sportlines with kyb excel g (gr-2) [2" drop all around] I gained about a degree and a half of negative camber in the rear.
I think it the springs/shocks you're lowing on could change the amount of camber you get. I think you could expect less camber with less of a drop, say 1" to 1.5"

-Avery

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my flex pipe on my second 6g was 1.5" off the ground, the camber i had was -3° rear and -2° front. i didn't use any camber kits and when it was aligned i just had the toe set straight. drove it like that for a good six years with no problems.

snydas1987

Reaction score
ok cheers guys, that sounds promising. im looking for around 7* front and 9*-10* rear.
My setup is function n form type 2's, eibach sway bars front n rear, powertrix adjustable rear lower camber n toe arms, and front upper adjustable camber arms. Plus im ordering adjustable upper arms for the rear too. The front camber arms give u +/-4.5* camber adjustment so if i get -2* natural camber then im gonna be really close to my -7* to -7.5* im after. and the rear lower arms give me +/-4.5* camber adjustment so if i can get -3* natural then that should give me -7.5* and the rear upper camber arms give you around -2* to -3* aswell so adding that to the -7.5* i should be pulling near -10* out of the rear camber so iv go the rear end fully covered but to get -7.5* out of the front camber im not sure how to gain the extra -1*.

Iv seen with the 1997 model accords you can get adjustable mounts for in-between the upper control arm and the chassis that give you up to -3* camber adjustment but i dont think you can get them mounts for the 98-02 model accords. Does anybody know of any extra camber kit parts i can use with the upper camber arms iv already got? or is that all the parts i can use with out getting the lower arms extended?
thanks guys

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I believe I had around -3.5 to -4 camber front and -4.0 to -4.5 camber in the rear. Naturally. The rear is the least of your worried. Getting front camber is your problem.

Haven't heard of/seen what you're referring to about the adjustable mounts for the 5th gen accords.

snydas1987

Reaction score
Iv only really seen them on eBay. 5th gen upper control arms actually mount the opposite way to ours as you can see by the mounts below that I was talking bout so I guess there would be no way the same sort of mod part would be able to work hey.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTMzWDgwMA==/z/wdwAAOxyp-BSLotq/$(KGrHqR,!qQFISY,8lt4BSLotpk(4!~~60_1.JPG

So if I just go with the adjustable upper arm and natural camber il have the adjustment there to get the 7*-7.5* meg camber hey?
White6- Iv heard -6* is easy to get in front but work needs to be done to get more. You said on the other thread you had to remove some metal from suspension parts but was that all you needed to do to to get your car to run the extra 1.5 degree camber or did you add other parts or mods??
Basically I'm jus trying to make sure Iv got all the parts I need to get the stance I'm after cause I wanna pull all the suspension out in 1 go n fit all the parts il need in 1 go rather than finding out i need to put another piece in there somewhere. I understand some of the parts may need to be customed alittle to get what I'm after tho. I'm thinking I'm on the right track with the parts I mentioned above so if anyone can point anything out that will help would be good. Other than that il jus be working out what needs to be done once it's all happening.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I think you're getting ~1/2° per ~1" drop.

H&R Race with no camber correction kit was fine for years. Now I have the front uca kit maxed, and a rear kit with spàce to go, on coilovers.

Back