Need A Camber?

kapao818

Reaction score
camber will not kill your tires as bad as toe. i would suggest a rear camber kit since rear seems to get a lot of camber. but first i would just get an alignment to see if the camber is really bad or if toe is really bad. toe can be corrected at the alignment shop without purchase of additional parts.

silencer

Reaction score
kapao818 said:
camber will not kill your tires as bad as toe. i would suggest a rear camber kit since rear seems to get a lot of camber. but first i would just get an alignment to see if the camber is really bad or if toe is really bad. toe can be corrected at the alignment shop without purchase of additional parts.

and unless your camber is way outta spec (02 accord standard is between +1 and -1, mine's -1.2), it will not kill your tires that fast although still die faster compare to 0 degree camber.

Correct me if i am wrong but I think Ingalls are good because you can adjust both toe and camber. Eibach only provides camber. Have a look at eBay for cheaper price.

kapao818

Reaction score
alignment can be done by yourself...if you have the tools and a flat surface. but it's probably better to have it done by the shop.

tsanhd

Reaction score
mines was dropped 2.25 inches all around with 18x7.5rims and i didn't need a camber kit. Took it to get aligned and they fixed the problem, they brought the camber and toe specs back to its specified degrees, everything was all good saved alot of money didn't have to buy anything extra.

Jxi8s2k

Reaction score
camber does not kill your tires. toe does. just get the toe to ZERO. not close to it, but on ZERO. also, what is that break-in period you were talking about?

Low'n Slow

Reaction score
I have my car pretty much slammed so i purchased a rear ingalls camber kit when i bought my coilovers. Stupid me :confused: didnt realize that the camber cant work in the rear because my car is too low and any correction in camber with result in my wheels hittin the fenders. Most would get the fenders rolled or somethin but I really dont wanna touch them and mess with my paint.
Anyway the funny thing is that my rear tires dont even wear out uneven or anything, its like its at stock height or somethin??? :rolleyes: ........i still cant belive it.
But my fronts is a different story, the front inners wear out.....not too bad but they do wear. Stupid me should have bought the front ingalls camber kit instead of the rear kit which is sittin unused in my room. The front kit is like $300+ US :( I paid about $180 US for the rear. I should have done this a long time ago, its no good to me just sittin here................any offers??

Last edited:

acrod99

Reaction score
^finally! someone else with the same stuff going on. everyone gets rear camber kits, but they arent needed-rocked a 2 or 3 inch drop for over a year and the rears are still fine. the fronts wear like crazy, though-i know i need an alignment cause my toe's bad.

Back