Need Advise with header...!!

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
Hello 6thgen i need advise with headers...i got some headers and my car is a 4cyl. my questions is should i do header w/ stock cat? or with straight pipe? if i do with stock cat would i feel the difference even though its Fagomatic..?

Crono139

Reaction score
You can run a header with a stock cat just fine. If you want a straight pipe, that can be done, too.

Odds are that you won't "feel" the minimal gains, though.

white beauty

Reaction score
you can run a header with the stock cat, thats what im doing, i would advise a high-flow cat over a straight pipe tho if ur gonna do anything, better sounding and less pollution

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Yeah, you can use a stock cat. That's what I'm using with a megan header.
Oh, by the way, for the 4 cyl. it's header (singular) and not headers (plural)
If you choose to run a straight exhaust you should seriously consider a resonator. Otherwise your exhaust will probably sound very raspy (lawnmower type) at W.O.T.
If you have a manual tranny you'll probably notice the difference at 4K RPM's and up.
If you have an auto, you may not realy notice a difference.

***PS***

I see you're in J.C.
We were just there last week at Liberty Park

Last edited:

truonghthe

Reaction score
I had a V6 with XSP header+OEM Cat+Magnaflow catback and I had notice a slight difference in top end but the low end kinda slower compare to stock lol. And I would prefer a stock cat because I don't want to take the test pipe down for emission test. Plus if cop pull you over and he smell gasoline then he will take a look under neath the car, if you had no Cat in state of CT its $10K fine.

truonghthe

Reaction score
^^^Yup Welcome to Connecticut :D, my buddy dady is a state trooper.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
You should notice your top end is a little better than before, but your low end is going to suffer a little as well. Overall its good for racing since you're staying in the high revs in a race anyways. If you don't already have one, I'd get an SRI to compensate for the loss the header will make in the low end.

By the way, which brand header did you go with?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
once u mod the cat, it would be alot louder than normal... i gaurentee u, slight gains but i would prefer quiet than the gains...

Back