need an 02 sensor where to find

accordman1

Reaction score
I recently put the car back on the road. I have a check engine light on. I did replace an 02 sensor in the down pipe since the old one had no threads on it. That was done over winter time and when I changed the exhaust gaskets and bolts. I need an inspection in June and need to get an 02 sensor. I brought car in they hooked it up to scanner and the one guy told me its a bad 02 sensor in the catalytic converter according to what ever code it said in the scanner. Hopefully he is right and I do need that and it is not something else. Anyone have any idea where I can find one since I know buying it through Honda is way too much.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
buy a universal one from denso or bosch and wire it up to your exisiting plug. cheapest way imo

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I recently put the car back on the road. I have a check engine light on. I did replace an 02 sensor in the down pipe since the old one had no threads on it. That was done over winter time and when I changed the exhaust gaskets and bolts. I need an inspection in June and need to get an 02 sensor. I brought car in they hooked it up to scanner and the one guy told me its a bad 02 sensor in the catalytic converter according to what ever code it said in the scanner. Hopefully he is right and I do need that and it is not something else. Anyone have any idea where I can find one since I know buying it through Honda is way too much.

Honda

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Yeah, whatever you do, don't buy a bosch -- mine didn't agree with the bosch... had to go get a new one... I think i ended up going with denso and it worked?

either way, you're better off getting the right part up front - otherwise you'll buy the cheaper part, then have to buy the expensive part in the end anyway...

I'd just buy the OEM one from Honda

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with the stealership quality, unless you can find the same manufacture brand somewhere else.

finch13

Reaction score
Get Honda part number, call Denso for Denso P/N, get "OEM" Denso O2 sensor off ebay/interwebz. Done.

C_S_L

Reaction score
When my o2 Denso sensor went bad, I bought mine online from sparkplugs.com they give a 10% discount for 1st time customer. Its alot cheaper then Honda dealership and its OEM. Plus the company was located a few miles out of town, all I had to do was drive over there and pick it up!

http://www.sparkplugs.com/

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
save yourself a headache either get it from Honda or find the part # n look up Denso. bosch doesnt work on hondas, always use oem parts when it comes to stuff like o2 sensors

Back