Need help..lowering springs

redtoy

Reaction score
Guys I'm planning to get 1.5" inches drop and i only have 2 choices, neuspeed sport springs (green) and skunk2 springs..anyone here have any experience with skunk2 on their 6th gens? I want something close to stock ride cause the roads here in the Philippines sucks. thanks

theaccordian

Reaction score
my friend has the neuspeeds very smooth ride imo. if the drop is all your looking for got with neuspeed because skunk 2's are more agreesive with higher spring rates with teh purpose of improving handling but at the same time ride comfort suffer. beggars cant be choosers I guess, unless yore willing to shell out the big bucks.

a cheaper alteranative might be tein s tech, but ive heard complaints about not dropping low enough.

also invest in koni yellow shocks to match your neuspeeds, best shocks out there bar none, and you can adjust stifness on the fly.

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I agree with Accordian I have the neuspeed sports and I like them I just need new shocks...But I like the springs them selves.

Fish

Reaction score
Wow, good luck with the drop. I used to live there, and have an idea of how bad the roads are. My dad drove a Camry around, and it bottomed out everywhere.

I'll second theaccordian's suggestion to get new shocks to match. They'll get you better handling, and better ride quality than with just lowering springs alone.

blindside

Reaction score
Yuppp i would have to agree with everybody.. i had tried skunk2's with stock shocks and it was not a pretty ride... i had to switch to neuspeed sports (didn't have any funds back then to buy me some koni's) and i remember how bad the road is back when i was there in the PI (5 years ago) pothholes mostly everywhere :D

shavedaccord

Reaction score
if you can..try to get Eibach pro-kits..but you said you only have them 2 choices why is that?

redtoy

Reaction score
well yeah the budget goes for neuspeed greens to skunk2 and some other like tanabe, merwede and maybe H&R but i've narrowed down my choices to those two..i guess i'l just be going for the neuspeeds, most of my friends 6th gen have neuspeeds too..thanks!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If pro kits are a large enough drop for you, that would be my recommendation. THey are not too expensive, no need for camber kit, and you should have no trouble if you are staying with the stock shocks.

The biggest think is ride quality with these springs. I'm pretty amazed. My car rides better than any lowered car i've been in. It actually rides better than stock. It's a tiny bit too bouncy but nothing that bothers me. That's from the stock shocks though. I find my brothers stock outback to have a harsh ride compared to my car and his car is totally stock, well who mods and outback, lol. And no squeaks, rattles, etc. The handling is most defineatly improved over stock as well. This is a pretty much no comprimise setup. All good, no bad, no tradeoff.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
H&R sports drops you at 1.5F 1.2R, and the neuspeed's are pretty good I've heard bad thing about Eibach pro-kits and my friends intrgra's drives like *** with them. Here's old school pic of my accord with h&r's and stock shocks.

2.jpg

Back